Achieve Miami, Manager of High School and Alumni Programs
Achieve Miami is searching for a self-driven, passionate, and fun-spirited individual to join our team as a Program Manager for Achieve Miami’s High School and Alumni Programs! This leader will ensure effective implementation of Achieve Miami’s current high school and alumni programs, while mapping out the vision for Achieve's high school and alumni program experience for Fall 2021 and beyond. This role requires a confident self-starter with an attention to detail, strong entrepreneurial spirit, relationship-building skills, and the ability to get things done. This is a full-time, salary-exempt position.
A valid driver’s license must be available for evening and weekend responsibilities such as programming events, trips, professional development, etc.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Achieve High Schools Program Management:
- Assist programmatic capacity through hiring and managing of Achieve Success Coaches.
- Ensure that Achieve Miami’s policies and procedures are implemented and followed (including payroll management).
- Manage and develop Achieve Success Coaches through the planning and facilitation of staff professional development; while also conducting annual evaluations.
- Create content for workshops and set up time for the workshop rehearsals (Day prior to the workshop) to ensure the fluidity of the presentation.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with principals and high school staff.
- Collaboration with Achieve high school staff on weekly meetings and assist in completing the agenda as well as any project planning documents.
- Maintain all program data (testing data, skill development, grades, student/family surveys, etc.) through Classe365.
- Assists with the coordination of annual participant recruitment sessions at target high schools with a focus on Juniors during the academic year.
- Oversee the purchase, maintenance, and inventory of program supplies and materials.
- Plan, implement, and maintain new and returning student recruitment.
- Support the development of marketing materials and social media contributions.
- Assist with the summer program by planning, organizing, and executing in conjunction with the team. Supervise the Achieve Success Coaches who will serve as instructors during the summer. This position will also assist in the recruitment, selection, and retention process for all participants for the summer program.
- Provides fundamental support to the twice monthly Achieve Saturday’s (required to attend once monthly).
Achieve Alumni Program Management:
- Coordinate plan for Achieve Success Coaches to conduct one-on-one check-in meetings with Alumni, and group workshops on self-advocacy on your college campus, study skills, financial literacy, getting the most out of your college experience, career readiness, community service, civic engagement and other activities focused on completion of postsecondary education.
- Ensures implementation and successful progress towards grant objectives by planning and scheduling work activities and effectively using resources.
- Increase visibility of all Achieve Miami programs and their impact (social media, parents, schools, community partners, etc.)
- Leverages new and existing relationships with institutions of higher learning. Helps secure college tours, college fairs, and workshops led by financial aid professionals, college recruiters, scholarship foundations (Posse, Questbridge, etc.), Deans of college departments, etc.
- Research and provide Achieve Success Coaches Scholarships, updates about post-secondary news, and provide any other resources so that they can field any questions students and parents might have pertaining to the college readiness process.
- Assist Achieve Success Coaches with data collection on Classe365 to ensure accuracy and to field any questions about the platform.
- Coordinate in collaboration with colleagues and planning committees to prepare for the Fall, Spring, and Summer including securing college tours, community service events, civic engagement, leadership and other activities as necessary.
- Chaperone small group visits to local college campuses. Actively research best practices and new strategies to ensure participant retention in the program during the academic year.
- Other, as Needed - Performs related duties as assigned.
Jr. Advisory Board Management/ Engagement Committee:
- Recruit high school students to join the Jr. Board and Engagement Committee; manage dissemination and review of applications each Fall.
- Develop interviewing process and selection committee for both programs.
- Creates leadership opportunities for members and manages projects.
- Develops and communicates regularly with members about leadership opportunities, Saturday attendance, student recruitment, etc.
- Facilitates meetings.
High School Programs Vision & Strategy:
- Support Deputy Director of Programs and Director of High School Programs with defining the vision for the program and strategizing on execution and expansion for Fall 2021 and beyond.
Who we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate for the Manager of High School Programs role will have:
- Strong management skills: You’ve had experience managing others and are able to help your team set goals, strategize on how to achieve those goals, and celebrate wins. You are able to set a high bar and hold others accountable to meeting that bar.
- Creativity: You enjoy thinking creatively about new initiatives and projects, all grounded in the vision to create the most value we can for the students we serve.
- Strong organizational skills: We have a lot going on, and we need someone who can help us maintain an organized and calm work environment. You thrive on staying organized and knowing what you need to do to reach set goals. You have systems to help you stay on top of your personal to-do list and can integrate new tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Self-direction: You’re the type of leader who can map out what it takes to get it done - and then you do it! You’re a step ahead of the rest of the team, always anticipating what we’ll need, whether that’s extra copies or a system to help us streamline a process. You know how to “manage up” and can ask effective clarifying questions to ensure that your work stays on track.
- Solution orientation: You have a strong vision for what excellence looks like and you consistently put in the time and effort necessary to meet your goals. You know it’s less about the “hours worked” and more about the impact we have as an organization.
- High quality work product: You’re detail oriented and always double-check your work before handing it off. You take the time necessary to always do your best work and consistently tap into other staff members to learn from their expertise.
- Strong interpersonal skills: At Achieve Miami, we work with students, parents, donors, community members, and community leaders - and we need someone who can comfortably engage with all of these audiences! You have a strong customer service mindset and the ability to navigate complex conversations. You are a strong writer, emailer, and phone-answerer and are able to communicate clearly and warmly in all situations.
- Growth mindset: You’re hungry to develop your professional skills. You constantly request feedback on your work and ask for new responsibilities and challenges.
- Enthusiasm to do it all: You know that “doing good” isn’t always glamorous - it’s sharpening pencils, answering phone calls, gathering field trip forms, and ordering buses. You’re hungry for new challenges but also enthusiastic to pitch in on the small stuff.
About Achieve Miami:
At Achieve Miami, we believe in the potential of every child. Together with partners from public and private schools, Achieve Miami designs and manages programs that extend learning opportunities for students, teachers, and education leaders. Through programs like Achieve Saturdays, Achieve Summer, the Achieve Scholars Program, the Achieve Club, Achieve Elementary, and Achieve Music, Achieve Miami is working to ensure that every child and leader has the opportunities they need to succeed.
Achieve Miami is a 501(c)(3) organization. Achieve Miami’s main office is located at 1951 NW 7th Ave, Suite 600, Miami, FL 33136. You can visit www.achievemiami.org to learn more about Achieve Miami.