Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
4649 Sunnyside Ave. N. Ste 242
- Demonstrate best instructional practices to deliver a high-quality, developmentally appropriate curriculum to students
- Develop, maintain, and revise curriculum maps in all content areas that are aligned to the School’s standards
- Design and deliver differentiated instruction
- Assess the academic and social-emotional needs of students in collaboration with colleagues and Assistant Head of School
- Actively create and maintain a well-managed, positive classroom environment that supports student engagement and motivation
- Actively participate in faculty work aligned with the strategic plan
- Has a commitment to ongoing cultural competence professional development and has the motivation to put these skills into practice.
- Understand and support the school’s mission through professional conduct and actions which demonstrate the core values and philosophy of the organization
- Initiate growth and change in own intellectual and professional development, seeking out feedback and other opportunities to learn
- Attend community meetings, curriculum meetings, and in-service days
- Write student evaluations twice each year according to the school year calendar
- Conduct parent conferences twice each year and support our “open door” policy with parents, colleagues, and students
- Participate in Curriculum Night, Grandparents and Special Friends Day, Open House, and other stewardship opportunities as assigned by the Head of School
- Write weekly newsletters with grade-level team and openly communicate with families in formal and informal ways
- Bachelor’s degree; teaching certification and Master’s in Education or related subject/field preferred
- Minimum of three years of classroom teaching experience
- Proficient technology skills and the knowledge and ability to integrate technology into the curriculum
- Attend overnight experiential learning trips and drive Meridian vehicles to field trips
- Excellent organizational, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to lift more than 50 pounds, interact with students, and move around the classroom
The Meridian School is an equal opportunity employer seeking a culturally diverse workplace and does not discriminate against age, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, race/color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, veteran or marital status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Level of Language Proficiency
Teaching certification and Master’s in Education or related subject/field preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information visit our website at www.meridianschool.edu. No phone calls will be accepted. Interested candidates are invited to send or email a resume including references along with a sample lesson and statement of teaching philosophy to:
The Meridian School
Lead Faculty Member Search
4649 Sunnyside Ave N Ste 242
Seattle, WA 98103