Habitat for Humanity New York City and Westchester County (Habitat NYC and Westchester) is seeking a development or relationship management professional with a passion for affordable housing to oversee the organization’s corporate partnership program within the Resource Development department. This frontline fundraising position manages a portfolio of corporate partnerships and is a lead contributor to the Resource Development’s annual fundraising goal of $3.4M+. Relationships will encompass mission support, cause marketing, event sponsorship, employee engagement, and in-kind partnerships.
This position reports to the Director of Institutional Giving and works collaboratively both within and across departments. Opportunities exist for this positon to engage with Habitat NYC and Westchester’s CEO and Board of Directors.
This is an opportune time for an enterprising individual who enjoys building things and working towards ambitious targets. Furthermore, this is an exciting growth period for Habitat NYC and Westchester, as we expand our geographic service area to include the families and communities of Westchester County. Join our team, and become a part of our movement to offer a regional approach to our area’s affordable housing crisis.
Relationship Management and Partnership Development (50%)
· Manage a personal portfolio of prospects and existing partners (100-150 companies and corporate foundations) through the full donor lifecycle including qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
· Solicit corporate gifts, sometimes in collaboration with other Habitat NYC and Westchester staff and/or stakeholders.
· Grow portfolio of relationships managed through prospect research, networking, and outreach to new corporations.
· Field inquiries from corporate prospects; respond promptly and cordially via phone, mail, and email as needed.
· Develop and implement donor-centric stewardship plans with particular emphasis on upgrading donors to secure six-figure gifts.
· Lead successful implementation of donor campaigns and partnership engagement through in-person volunteer opportunities, cause marketing campaigns, and participation in events and conferences (in-person and virtual).
· Produce and prepare high quality written materials, overseeing donor proposals, communications, award submissions, and stewardship reporting.
· Meet annual revenue targets, determined in partnership with Director of Institutional Giving and Vice President of Resource Development.
Strategy and Innovation (25%)
· Work with Director of Institutional Giving to codesign, build and implement annual corporate partnership strategy.
· Work closely with Director of Institutional Giving to develop and implement multi-year strategy to grow and diversify corporate support.
· Drive innovation in partnership strategies, support teammates and represent our team on cross-functional initiatives.
· Play a key role in our growth into Westchester County and in addressing the racial wealth gap that is exacerbated by unequal and inequitable access to fair housing.
Research and Data Analysis (25%)
· With support from database and operations team, identify, qualify, research and power map top corporate prospects.
· Collaborate with Individual Giving team to ideate, prototype, and execute on corporate-to-individual donor pipelining strategy.
· Ensure records are maintained and updated in Raiser’s Edge NXT.
· High School diploma/GED along with 2-4 years’ progressive experience in front-line fundraising and/or relationship/portfolio management, preferably for a non-profit.
· Experience in New York City and Westchester County highly desirable.
· Experience in qualifying, building and activating prospect pipelines.
· Experience with cause-marketing and brand partnership campaign development and execution highly desirable.
· Demonstrated ability to be a creative and resourceful problem solver; able to balance tension between partner expectations and organizational capacity.
· Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, driven and goal oriented.
· Experience in Raiser’s Edge or Raiser’s Edge NXT desired.
· Demonstrates a commitment to Habitat NYC’s mission. Strong interest in the issue of affordable housing and ending the cycle of poverty housing for families.
In the near term, this position is currently being offered as 100% remote. In-office work is voluntary as of this writing.
Eventually, we intend to re-engage our New York City office with a hybrid in-person and work-from-home model in order to better build cross divisional strengths with team members.
Safety is our number one priority and our office is currently retrofitted with COVID-19 safety measures. Masks and other safety equipment will be supplied to all Habitat NYC and Westchester staff upon our return.
The office is located at 111 John St. FL 23, New York, NY 10038.
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm EST, evenings and weekends as required.
Careers at Habitat for Humanity New York City and Westchester County are challenging, rewarding and fulfilling.
Habitat for Humanity New York City and Westchester County is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical handicap, veteran or marital status.
Habitat for Humanity New York City and Westchester County (Habitat NYC and Westchester) is seeking a development or relationship management professional with a passion for affordable housing to oversee the…
Excellent Benefits package
Excellent Benefits package
If you are interested in bringing your passion for the mission of Habitat for Humanity to the organization, please apply by sending a resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in bringing your passion for the mission of Habitat for Humanity to the organization, please apply by sending a resume and cover letter outlining your…