234 East 22nd Street
The Epiphany School Foundation is committed to enriching the spiritual and educational experience of every child enrolled at The Epiphany School. The Foundation raises funds to meet its goal of creating a diverse community of individuals who are intellectually, morally and ethically engaged in the world around them, all while learning to contribute to society in meaningful ways. The Foundation provides funding for tuition assistance, enhanced curricular programs, professional development for the teaching staff, and cutting-edge technology for all grade levels.
Founded in 1888, The Epiphany School was established to provide the highest quality education to over 500 students from Toddler Twos – 8th grade in Manhattan.
The Development Associate reports to the Director of Development and is an integral member of a 3-person development team. The Development Associate is primarily responsible for the Department’s social media, website, donor database and acknowledgement process, and supports the Director with special events, annual giving, and alumni engagement.
- Commitment to the mission of The Epiphany School Foundation.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 2-3 years prior development experience, preferably in a non-profit or school setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- ·Strong proficiency in CRM database management requires. Knowledge of Blackbaud eTapestry, EveryDay Hero preferred.
- Ability to learn website design.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with ability to prioritize, manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication required.
- A track record of professionalism and ability to manage and honor confidential information.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, as well as independently, in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a variety of constituents including parents, alumni, faculty and volunteers.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and maintain the donor database including entering and acknowledging all gifts, maintaining donor contact information and giving histories, and tracking contact between the donor and the School and Foundation.
- Support the department’s fundraising strategies by running queries, analyzing data, and producing reports.
- Assist in the production of departmental mailings, including annual fund appeals, special events invitations and alumni communications.
- Work with the Business Manager to reconcile and ensure accuracy of weekly operating reports and prepare dashboard report of the Board.
Social Media and Website
- Manage social media across multiple platforms (especially Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram).
- Create and post Giving Day material with guidance from the Director.
- Manage the Foundation and special event websites by updating relevant names, titles, data, statistics, infographics and event information.
- Produce and proofread acknowledgement letters on a bi-weekly basis through database.
- Obtain signatures and personalized notes from Director, President and/or Chair of the Board.
- Mail letters out in timely manner.
- Assist with coordinating annual fund direct mail and email solicitation.
- Prepare mailing lists and donor reports from database.
- Assist with the production of the Annual Giving Report.
- Assist with Annual Fund stewardship by preparing donor lists and producing thank you letters for signature.
- Maintain current records in database.
- Assist in supporting cultivation and stewardship events.
- Assist in supporting all fundraising events including the Walkathon, Christmas Party/Raffle, Hall of Fame Event, Spring Auction and Golf Outing.
- Maintain social media and website with relevant special event updates, images and photographs.
- Manage event webpage (BidPal) including design, communications and auction entry.
- Support Development Committee meetings by scheduling, preparing and sending agendas, taking minutes, and posting all materials for trustee review.
- Assist with the recording of meeting minutes and scheduling/coordination of board meetings and Event Committee meetings as requested.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed to support fundraising initiatives and special events.
- Assist Direct of Development with alumni engagement activities.
Minimum Education Required