Details: £30,375 - £35,000 depending on experience.
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
The Community & Retail Engagement Team develop, support, and inspire individuals and groups/networks of Oxfam GB supporters in the community – and in doing so, provide a variety of relevant opportunities to support from across the product portfolio. The team is responsible for providing joined-up and innovative ways to maximise the potential and opportunities that exist within Oxfam GB’s retail infrastructure and coordinate the delivery of a holistic and seamless community presence to help Oxfam GB meet its public engagement objectives.
Reporting to the Senior Community Engagement Officer, the Community Engagement Officer is responsible for:
· Delivering community engagement propositions from across our product portfolio, ensuring that resources are used effectively, to deliver our public engagement objectives.
· Developing, managing and inspiring a regional network of volunteers / volunteer-led groups – who use their time, money and voice to support Oxfam in their community.
· Collaborating to create and implement regional legacy/supporter/shop team events.
· During humanitarian emergencies, delivering community engagement propositions for supporters to give their time/money/voice.
· Managing local partnerships to support community engagement initiatives.
· Working with the Retail Operations Patch to leverage and empower the retail network to deliver relevant engagement propositions by providing training, guidance and specialist support.
What we are looking for
· Significant experience of shaping and delivering regional / community engagement activities - including, but not limited to, fundraising and events
· Strong commercial acumen and drive to achieve results.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to influence internally and externally.
· Experience of establishing and growing groups and networks of volunteers.
· Ability to prioritise and manage workload to meet targets and deadlines with a strong track record of project management skills.
· Able to work on own and as part of a team and thrive in remote working environment, as well as experience managing volunteers.
· Full UK driving licence
Location: Oxford Office or Home Based
Salary: £30,375 - £35,000 depending on experience.
Job Family: Fundraising
Division: Fundraising & Supporter Marketing
Job Type: Open ended
Closing Date: 8 November 2018
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please visit the link below to find out more information and to apply.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation.