For more than a decade, the Alliance for a Healthier Generation has worked to empower kids to develop lifelong, healthy habits, by ensuring the environments that surround them provide and promote good health. The Alliance, founded by the American Heart Association and Clinton Foundation, operates as an independent 501c3 non-profit organization guided by its own Board of Directors. As one of the nation’s largest children’s health organizations focusing on combating childhood obesity, the Alliance utilizes the best available scientific evidence of programs, policies and practices that positively impact healthy eating and physical activity behaviors among youth. The Alliance’s current work directly impacts more than 25 million children, with a focus on low-income and minority populations who are at increased risk for poor health, obesity and other diseases. To learn more and join the movement, visit www.HealthierGeneration.org.
It is the goal of the Alliance to fill employment vacancies with the most qualified applicants, whether recruiting internally or externally. Strong consideration will be given to qualified internal candidates. All internal and external candidates must comply with application requirements.
Please note: this is a temporary, part-time position working less than 30 hours per week through May 2019.
The Evaluation Manager is responsible for managing the design and implementation of effective evaluation and needs assessment activities for all programs and initiatives across the Alliance. The successful candidate will have experience and strong interest in creating, implementing, and reporting on evaluations of health promotion initiatives. S/he will play a critical role in ensuring that the Alliance staff, leadership, and funders can use evaluation results and data to analyze, improve, and increase the impact of high quality public health prevention strategies at national, state, and local levels. S/he will have strong project management, reporting, and communications skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working closely with the Senior Director for Evaluation & Data, lead the development and implementation of evaluation strategies, processes, and systems for measuring the reach and impact of Alliance programs and initiatives
- Create and implement appropriate evaluation tools, including conceptual frameworks logic models, surveys, and interview protocols
- Conduct and interpret analyses of evaluation results as needed and assist in the development of recommendations to increase program effectiveness and inform program improvement
- Create and implement dissemination plans to ensure that evaluation results and data analyses are shared with Alliance leadership, funders, staff, and stakeholders
- Design and produce evaluation reports
- Conduct literature reviews and other research as needed to support program development
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of best practices for evaluating program and public health outcomes
- Ability to effectively dialogue with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Analytical thinker; creative problem-solver
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and as part of a virtual team
- Proficiency in using SPSS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Evaluation, or related field required
- Demonstrated experience in program design and evaluation including: developing a comprehensive evaluation plan, overseeing data collection and analyses, ensuring data quality, and using evaluation results to inform programmatic decisions and demonstrate programmatic impact
- Experience in quantitative analysis
- Experience in manipulating and analyzing complex data sets, and cleaning and analyzing data
- Project Management experience strongly preferred
This job description is subject to change at any time.
The Alliance for a Healthier Generation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter on our website.