Amber Charter Schools provide our students with an academically rigorous and well-rounded education, along with strong character development, enabling them to prosper in their future endeavors.
By 2025, the ACS network will serve over 2000 students across three NYC neighborhoods.
- Amber Charter School East Harlem was founded in 2000 as the first Latino-led charter school in New York State. It currently serves 500 K-5 students.
- Amber Charter School Kingsbridge opened in 2016 and serves 466 K-5 students, and will grow to serve 840 K-8.
- Amber Charter School Inwood will open with 200 K-1 students in 2021, and grow to serve 923 K-8 students.
The Amber Charter Schools network is currently undergoing an expansion process that aims to enrich the lives of both students and the community at-large. In order to realize this goal, the organization must have a robust Shared Services Team [SST] to ensure a strong focus on sustainable and scalable programming, resources and tools that meet the needs of students, parents and community stakeholders, and partnerships that are closely linked to strong student outcomes.
Position Overview: The Technology Associate will be the first point of contact for all technology hardware and software-related helpdesk issues. He/she/they will also support operations at the School level by working closely with the Operations & Data team at each of the three school locations (Kingsbridge, East Harlem & Inwood). The Associate will also be a thought partner in strategic technology plan discussions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Help Desk Support
- Support in managing third-party vendor web helpdesk.
- Provide ongoing advice and support to general troubleshooting inquiries for hardware/software problems to staff and families.
- Provide local support and troubleshooting for information and database systems used within the organization.
- Assist in the lead staff-wide professional development presentations on technology, software & applications
- Provide support and training on implementation of technology curriculum and tech equipment in the classroom.
Network & Hardware Management
- Work with the Operations Team using existing software to maintain hardware inventory.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues with SMART/Promethean boards.
- Collaborate with the Operations team to oversee yearly cleaning and repair of devices.
- Oversee procedure for on/off-boarding of employees and students including training and acclimating employees to hardware and software.
- Configure new hardware purchases.
- Prepare hardware for on-site computer-based testing.
- Communicate with third-party network vendors to troubleshoot network repairs.
Support School Level Data Systems
- Perform both low and high-level data entry and administration tasks.
- Collaborate with systems administrators in essential implementation or upgrades.
The Technology Associate may also assume other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Technology Manager.
Reports to the Technology Manager.
We are seeking candidates with the following experience, competencies and assets:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, IS, Computer Science, or other relevant field required.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in an IT position, overseeing helpdesk and hardware issues
- Proficiency in Google Suite required
- Experience with SaaS
- Experience with Student Information Systems, preferably PowerSchool
- Knowledge of a variety of hardware operating systems such as windows operating systems and Chromebooks
- Great time and task management; an ability to prioritize, manage multiple obligations and initiatives and follow through.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to distill and explain complex, technical ideas to a non-technical audience. Strong written and verbal skills required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as on a team and to take direction as needed.
- Strong attention to detail; able to develop and maintain organizational and documentation systems.
- Strong analysis, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of network, server, and cloud protocols
- Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated team player
- Capacity to develop strong relationships based on trust, respect, effective communication, and common goals.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a commitment to preserving a bold, can-do culture that sustains the organization’s core values.
- Able to take direction and work independently, creatively, and efficiently
- Commitment to leveraging the existing strengths and supporting the continuous evolution of our communities, students, families and staff members.
- Alignment to the Amber Charter Schools mission and core values.
- Willingness to travel to all school locations