Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
CASA-NYC is a volunteer-based not-for-profit organization providing advocacy for children and youth in New York City foster care. We are seeking a full-time Development & Communications Coordinator, who will work closely with the Executive Director to support all aspects of fundraising, external communications and board relations.
- Partnering with Executive Director, board and outside resources to identify and implement development strategies
- Assisting Executive Director with grant writing and reporting as needed, including drafting and copy editing grant proposals
- Tracking grant proposals and maintaining database of funders/potential funders. Entering all donations and contacts with donors into donor database and preparing letters of acknowledgement for donors
- Conducting research on potential donors
- Assisting with planning/organization of fundraising events, including attending benefit committee meetings, taking notes and communicating with committee members and vendors
- Overseeing community outreach and engagement events, including “friendraiser” parties, donor acknowledgement events, etc.
- Collaborating with fiscal department to ensure appropriate coding of all revenue
- Supporting and acting as a liaison to the Associate Board
- Managing social media (facebook, twitter, instagram) accounts and preparing regular posts
- Preparing content for agency website and keeping web site information up to date
- Responding to press and other external inquiries as needed
- Preparing press releases and other external communications as needed
- Preparing and sending written communication for members of the Board of Directors, Associate Board, donors, partners and stakeholders on behalf of the Executive Director
- Attending board meetings and taking minutes
- Maintaining spreadsheets and preparing reports for Board and funders
- Assisting with preparation for board meetings and funder meetings – making copies, preparing folders, preparing board reports, scheduling meeting space, ordering refreshments, etc.
- Two to four years’ experience in development/communications
- Bachelors or master’s degree in a relevant field
- Exceptional writing skills, ability to proofread/copy edit grant proposals and reports
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate professionally with members of the public, Board of Directors and stakeholders
- Knowledge of NYC non-profit landscape and experience with fundraising preferred
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and reliable
- Strong computer literacy: Knowledge of Microsoft XP and Excel required; experience with Donor Perfect, SPSS, and/or Constant Contact a strong plus.
- Experience with social media
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, and to adapt to shifting priorities
- Ability to work flexible hours – some evenings required (up to several times/month) for board meetings, fundraising events and other functions
CASA-NYC is a partner project of the Fund for the City of New York. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of color, immigrants, LGBTQ-identified and differently-abled candidates to apply.
A competitive benefits package includes a 401(k) retirement plan with match, health, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax transit costs and generous vacation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include position title in subject. No phone calls please. Only applicants considered for the position will be contacted by CASA.