100 South Broad Street
Are you looking for a meaningful career opportunity that will help support the safety of families across Philadelphia? Are you interested in being part of an established, vision-oriented nonprofit organization? Women Against Abuse (WAA), is looking for an experienced individual to join the team as a Domestic Violence Intake & Hotline Counselor.
The Intake & Hotline Counselor answers the Philadelphia Domestic Violence Hotline as required, providing information and referrals, options counseling, and support to victims of domestic violence, and their children. Will conduct intake to Women Against Abuse (WAA) Safe Havens and assist Office of Supportive Housing intake staff by assessing the needs of persons presenting for service and arrange for direct access to the Domestic Violence (DV) shelter or other safe options. When no DV shelter beds are available, will provide information related to maintaining safety, available services and connect clients to those services. All responsibilities are expected to be delivered satisfactorily and with superior customer service and according to Agency standards, including the Sanctuary Model®.
1. An Associate’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
2. At least one (1) year experience in an advocacy, hotline, crisis or related experience is required.
3. Experience with victims of domestic violence is preferred.
4. Demonstrated effectiveness in crisis intervention is required.
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population is required.
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member is required.
7. Demonstrated commitment to service of others is required.
8. Demonstrated proficiency in communication, both verbal and in writing is required.
9. Proficiency in Spanish is strongly preferred.
10.Must satisfactorily pass criminal (state & FBI) and child abuse clearances and must attend 45 hours of Domestic Violence Training.
Multiple positions available:
Saturday & Sunday 3 pm - 11 pp
Saturday & Sunday 12 p - 8 pm
Cover shifts as needed, Intake & Hotline is covered 24 hours, 7 days a week. Shifts covered are 7 a - 3 p, 12 p - 8 p , 3 p - 11 p.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We strongly encourage candidates of color, LGBTQ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
Part time staff provided generous paid time off (vacation, personal, holiday, sick).
Relief/Substitute staff accrue paid sick time.
All staff are eligible for premium pay if they work holidays or during inclement weather (when declared)
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual Spanish and English or other languages a plus.
Minimum Education Required