Previous experience with a healthcare institution, as an Organizer or Delegate a plus. Should be well
Organized and committed to building the Union. Must articulate excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work long hours, including weekends. High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Represent members of 3rd step grievance hearings; prepares 3rd step grievance and conduct a general investigation of the case; leads chapter meetings;
- Assists with delegate training; walk halls of institution to demonstrate a Union presence to both the members and management;
- Attend and participate in staff and team meetings; convenes and present case(s) to the Hearing an Appeals Board;
- Distributes all Union leaflets, bulletins and information in institution amongst delegates and members;
- Serves as a liaison between leadership and delegate body/membership;
- Plays a major leadership role in the institution to create and effective Labor Union movement, develop and
- Strengthen delegate structure by setting up committees in which delegates and members participate;
- Write up chapter reports, grievance reports, arbitration request and withdrawals. Performed other related duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this title. They do not include all job duties performed by employees in the title and every position does not necessarily require the same duties.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you feel you meet the minimum qualifications please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, please make sure to include the job title on the subject line.