Details: ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. This position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
235 Montgomery Street
Reporting to the Controller, the main functions of the Staff Accountant position include processing Accounts Payable and Grants Payable, processing Accounts Receivable, month-end reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, and administration of the Foundation’s credit card program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the following duties:
• Manage all facets of accounts payable for ClimateWorks Foundation and CLUA LLC.
• Process all invoices and expense reports.
• Prepare and distribute/mail checks, foreign exchange transactions, wire transfers, and ACH payments in an accurate and timely manner.
• Monitor and review outstanding accounts payable on a weekly basis.
• Maintain 1099 vendor information and annual filing of 1099s.
• Prepare reports and analysis as required or requested, including accounts payable aging report.
• Interface with vendors and staff with questions, concerns, or information requests.
• Monitor bank accounts daily and identify items to post.
• Record all revenue items.
Credit Card Administration
• Monitor credit card activity and ensure proper approvals and compliance with internal policies (travel, IT purchases, etc.).
• Review and update accounting coding for credit card transactions and upload into general ledger.
• Train cardholders, out of pocket users, and reconcilers.
• Assist with month-end close, reconcile prepaid, accounts payable, and accrual accounts.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly journal entries and supporting schedules for accrued expenses, prepaid expenses, expenses allocations, etc.
• Maintain other month-end accounting schedules used by the Controller to reconcile general ledger accounts.
• Prepare CLUA monthly reporting including budget to actual reports.
• Assist Controller in defining and implementing accounting policies and procedures, including all travel, mobile device, and expense reimbursement policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant will have the following minimum qualifications:
• A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
• At least two years of accounts payable experience, in nonprofit sector a plus.
• At least two years of experience assisting with month-end accounting close.
• Ability to work independently and with a high degree of accuracy.
• Proficiency with accounting software, Intacct experience a plus.
• Experience with Salesforce a plus.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
• Advanced Excel skills, and experience reconciling/checking totals.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to obtain information and approvals from staff at all levels and enforce accounting policies.
• Ability to effectively manage confidential information.
• Understanding of accounting rules, particularly as they relate to prepaid expenses, and accrued liabilities.
• Commitment to the mission of ClimateWorks.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing why you would be a good fit for this position.