ASSOCIATE, The Tenure Facility (TF)(Fluent in French or Spanish)
- Job posted by Rights and Resources Initiative
2715 M Street NW
We are looking for a dedicated individual who will take initiative, demonstrate responsibility, and become an integral part of our small and passionate team.
The Associate is responsible for providing support to The International Land and Tenure Facility (the Tenure Facility / TF), a new institution incubated by the Rights and Resources Initiative (RRI), and now established in Stockholm. The TF provides grants to advance land and forest tenure security and the rights and livelihoods of Indigenous Peoples and local communities globally. RRI is providing strategic support to the Tenure Facility under its Tenure Facility Support Program.
This position is intended for an individual who can prioritize competing demands and demonstrate flexibility to work both independently and collaboratively with program staff in DC and Stockholm and with other stakeholders internationally in a dynamic environment of shifting priorities, while ensuring that work is completed within established deadlines. Excellent attention to detail, time management skills, and a collegial and cheerful demeanor are essential.
The Associate will work under the supervision of RRIs Senior Manager for Finance and Administration for The Tenure Facility and SRMs.
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, and is classified as non-exempt under the US Fair Labor Standards Act.
Essential Job Functions:
Support RRI’s Sr. Director, TF Support Program and Sr. Manager, F&A, as follows:
- Provide general administrative support for the Tenure Facility and backstop the Sr. Director and Sr. Manager as appropriate, including preparation of expense reporting; format and preparation of reports, presentations and documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); maintaining a contacts database; TF Calendar and other tasks as requested;
- Support the contracting process for consultants and projects via drafting and/or consolidation of documentation, TORs, budgets and work plans for review. This includes preparing draft contracts and amendments for review by Sr. Manager and Sr. Director, proper filing of all documents, maintaining a tracking tool for agreements’ deadlines and deliverables, initiating payment requests; assist in budget review and preparation of Excel documents and tracking tools;
- Facilitate the planning, execution and reporting of major domestic and international events and meetings including venue logistics, meals, registration, travel, and visa arrangements, etc., with a focus on quality assurance, participant care, and cost control; engaging participants at all stages from invitation to post-event follow-up, and ensure that response timelines are met and that participants’ guidelines are followed by all parties;
- Contribute to note-taking during meetings, drafting and translation of short documents and correspondence, and provide consecutive translation;
- Liaise with consultants, vendors, grantees and RRI/TF program staff as needed in person, via email, skype, telephone, etc.;
- Maintain and update contacts in Outlook of relevant actors for the TF (Consultants, Project staff, vendors, etc.);
- Effectively contribute to Tenure Facility program administration, adhering to RRI administrative protocol and deadlines and proactively communicating and seeking resolution of issues to the Sr. Manager and Program Director or other relevant staff on a timely manner;
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the TF Senior Manager and the TF Senior Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree a plus (preferably with some focus on Project administration, International Development, Human Rights, and/or Environment);
- 1-3 years’ experience in program administration, including contracts, budgets, tracking tools;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, ideally with experience organizing large events. Ability to prioritize competing demands and projects in both short and long term;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills; and professional-level writing and speaking in French and/or Spanish;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, performs well under pressure, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines and objectives;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, basic Microsoft Excel, and internet savvy;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other digital tools;
- Ability to work well in a team environment, with the flexibility to work independently in a highly dynamic environment while ensuring that established deadlines are met on a wide variety of tasks;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Ability and willingness to travel overseas if required;
- Familiarity and demonstrated interest in international context and issues at the core of the Rights and Resources and Tenure Facility program of work.
Rights and Resources Group is a non-profit organization that serves as coordinating mechanism for the Rights and Resources Initiative, a global coalition to advance forest tenure, policy and market reforms. Rights and Resources Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more at www.rightsandresources.org.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent English written and verbal communication skills; and professional-level writing and speaking in French and/or Spanish;
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and short (1-2 pages maximum) writing sample in English and in French and/or Spanish to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email must read: “Tenure Facility Associate”.
Applications will be accepted immediately and interviews conducted on a rolling basis. Apply early. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Please, no phone calls or recruiters.