Reports to: Associate Director, Program Outreach, and Inquiry
Department: Domestic and Special Needs Adoption
The Outreach Consultant is responsible for supporting the outreach team, with primary focus on the New Jersey population. The Consultant’s role is to promote Spence-Chapin’s options counselling services for biological parents considering adoption, advance community awareness of adoption, and increase referrals to Spence-Chapin. An integral part of the consultant’s role is building relationships with relevant health care and social service organizations and the general adoption community, as well as participate in outreach visits, conferences, and community events as needed. This position will require field work and travel across the state of New Jersey, in addition
to working out of Spence-Chapin’s New Jersey office. This is a part-time position (Approximately 21- 28 hours per week) and will pay an hourly rate plus commission.
- Make presentations independently and with other staff on Spence-Chapin services to biological parents. Presentations will be mainly to staff of hospitals, women’s health clinics, social service organizations, schools, shelters, and other professionals whose clientele may be a population that may benefit from Spence-Chapin’s services.
- Research potential leads and trends to assist with the goals of obtaining in-person meetings and presentation opportunities with professionals interacting with women and couples considering their options during pregnancy.
- Strengthen existing relationships and take initiative to identify and build new relationships with healthcare and social service organizations through phone calls, emails, direct mail, site visits, community events and in-service presentations.
- Assist with the purchase and packaging of promotional materials and supplies needed for marketing and outreach at events and in the office.
- Provide general administrative support for outreach team as needed and submit reports on activity and impact.
- Must possess ability and willingness to perform job-related travel. Most of the job responsibilities will require the consultant to work in the field, traveling to hospitals, clinics, and other organizations across New Jersey. Some evening and weekend hours may be required. Required travel will take into consideration current safety precautions.
- We reserve the right to add or remove assigned duties and responsibilities to the job description upon discretion of change and need.
Education & Experience:
- Strong public speaking, presentation skills, networking skills are required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, BSW or study in related field a plus.
- 2-4 years’ relevant work experience in sales, community outreach and/or customer service.
- Strong written and verbal skills, as well as strong telephone etiquette.
- Familiarity with maternal healthcare, adoption, social-work and/or related area a plus.
- Bilingual a plus: Proficiency in Spanish, French, Haitian Creole, Bengali, Polish, Korean, or Arabic a plus.
- MS Suite–Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
- Knowledge of social media platforms preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal car required.
- Strong management skills, including robust organization, administrative, communication and written skills.
- Ability to work both collaboratively as a team and independently.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and follow through on multiple projects to efficiently meet goals and deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to tasks.