7221 East Belleview Street
**Family Promise - Greater Phoenix is a national award-winning Non-Profit is seeking a
Volunteer Manager /Coordinator
Growing non-profit located in Scottsdale area seeks driven, detail oriented, organized Volunteer Manager/Coordinator for its growing mission serving families and children.
Person will work with existing large volunteer base involved in weekly/monthly activities and volunteer projects including long time seasonal activities and functions.
Must be able to multi-task, think big and bring a deep commitment to service and organization. Current non- profit is expanding regionally within state and seeks energetic professional with the detail skills to manage, lead, refine processes, and understand a servant’s attitude.
If you feel you have the experience needed please send resume to Attention Administrator
THE VOLUNTEER MANAGER/COORDINATOR POSITION
The Volunteer Manager will build our volunteer program and manage all elements of volunteering at Family Promise. This role involves assessing volunteer needs within the organization, and meeting those needs through recruitment, placement, and retention of volunteers. This position will work primarily with our Interfaith -Social services, and Community engagement teams.
Main duties are to promote and coordinate volunteer opportunities within the organization, including but are not limited to the following:
- Develop systems and recommendations to efficiently screen and utilize volunteers throughout the organization; initial focus will be on setting up systems to respond to volunteer requests and finding volunteers within our community of host congregations as well as volunteers to support our efforts in expansion of facilities, fundraising, donor stewardship, special events, and communications.
- Create, develop, and manage volunteer Program focusing on current volunteer base which is well established while expanding our volunteer base among our congregations and newer hosts.
- Research and draft volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service.
- Liaise with various teams within the organization and assess their need for volunteer assistance.
- Host and attend recruiting events within the community to attract qualified candidates, and work with Community Engagement Coordinator to publicize opportunities for volunteers.
- Interview and build on relationships with volunteers and ensure they are appropriately matched and available to assist the needs of the people Family Promise serves within the community.
- Serve as point of contact for all volunteers, including volunteer inquiries, orientation, and general training.
- Monitor, support, and motivate volunteers and their work.
- Celebrate volunteering by organizing volunteer recognition program and nominating volunteers for awards.
- Monitor and evaluate all aspects of our volunteer programs to ensure effectiveness and recommend/implement changes as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records and provide statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other volunteer organizations, attend committees and meetings.
- Maintain databases and perform other administrative duties.
Candidates will need to show:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people.
- Experience managing or coordinating projects.
- An empathy with volunteers and an understanding of their needs.
- The capacity to inspire and motivate others.
- The ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage a variety of tasks.
- Administrative and IT skills, and an ability to maintain records and produce clear written and oral reports.
- Experience of working across different sectors and developing links with other agencies.
- A flexible and non-judgmental approach to people and work.
- Prior experience managing volunteers, experience with the non-profits and prior office administrative experience is a plus.
Full employee benefit plan
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply submit resume