44 School Street
The bookkeeping consultant is responsible for implementing and/or maintaining the
organization's accounting system. The bookkeeper is responsible for monthly accounting,
such as journal entries, processing invoices, account reconciliations and bank deposits. The
bookkeeper also keeps records of assets and liabilities, and assists with preparation of
financial statements and reports. The bookkeeper is expected to assist the
Operations/Deputy Director in ensuring compliance with non-profit reporting
Bookkeeper Job Duties:
• Works with QuickBooks to account for financial transactions including but not
limited to a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
Maintains accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
• Manage all aspects of bookkeeping and accounting processes including but not
limited to: A/P, A/R, payroll, journal entries, and bank reconciliation in accordance
to GAAP. Prepares deposits, checks, invoices on a monthly basis.
• Maintains general ledger by transferring account summaries, reconciles four
financial institute accounts, credit card and petty cash.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports, including standard financial
reports, budget vs. actual reports and grant-specific financial reports in Excel.
• Maintains historical records by creating files annually and filing documents.
• Assisting the Operations/Deputy Director in complying with federal, state, and local
legal requirements by studying requirements and assisting in filing reports.
• Assist in the preparation of tax forms, 1099 forms and year end collection of
documents for delivery to Accountant.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line
“Bookkeeping Consultant application” and attach (1) a proposal describing your interest in
and experience relevant to this position and expected compensation; (2) your resume; and
(4) names and contact information for 3 references. Applications will not be considered
until all of the above materials have been submitted. Application deadline is June