701 Mission St
JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant – Temporary
REPORTS TO: Chief Marketing Officer
STATUS: Temporary, Full-Time through February 28, 2019
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 9-5pm
DIRECT REPORTS: None
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is one of the nation’s most innovative contemporary art centers. From our leading-edge exhibitions and performances, to our groundbreaking civic initiatives and community partnerships, YBCA is where creativity, people, and new ideas collide. We believe in thinking big about the role that arts organizations can play in making short, medium, and long-term/individual and collective transformation.
Mission: We generate culture that moves people.
Vision: A community that thrives on inspiration.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is for an Executive Assistant for Chief Marketing Officer at YBCA. This is a high-visibility position marked by interaction with a broad range of internal and external, high-level professionals, including various YBCA employees and executives. Candidates must have strong project management and writing skills. The Executive Assistant will have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines; screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources; and organize and maintain administrative processes.
The ideal candidate will be dynamic, high-energy, very organized, possess strong multi-tasking skills with recognized problem-solving abilities and support cross-functional coordination in a fast-paced environment.
● Execute a broad variety of administrative tasks, including: managing an active calendar of complex appointments; completing expense reports; budget management; organization of information (digital and paper)
● Ability to anticipate the executive needs and proactively bring together appropriate people and resources to support the executive in addressing issues.
● Provide support in the preparation for meetings including tracking, monitoring and following the progress of open action items and drafting the agenda.
● Serve as a project manager for a range of projects led by Chief Marketing Officer
● Coordinate and plan daily calendars, working with external partners and internal stakeholders
● Manage phone calls and emails
● Prepare marketing presentations and partnership proposals as needed
● Act as a point of contact between executives and employees/partners
● Proofing a wide range of written materials including emails, marketing collateral and presentations
● Contribute creative ideas for marketing plans, partnerships and content production, as a member of the marketing team
● Other duties as assigned
● Minimum 1-2 years’ experience as an executive assistant, preferably with a senior level executive.
● Must enjoy the administrative challenges of working with a diverse range of people and projects
● Experience with project management tools such as Asana and/or Basecamp
● Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail
● Excellent interpersonal skills, bringing a friendly and professional demeanor to your work
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
● Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
● Demonstrated ability to perform calmly under pressure.
● Social personality with a genuine desire to connect with the entire team and enjoy the role of contributing to marketing team’s fun environment.
● Exceptional ethical standards, humility, empathy, sense of humor and strong interpersonal skills.
● Handle sensitive and confidential business and people issues with tact and diplomacy.
● Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
● Advanced Microsoft Office skills are required including Visio (or some other org chart software); Experience with Photoshop, InDesign a plus
PTO and ability to participate in 403(b) retirement plan. Free/member admission during regular museum hours, member discounts at museum shops, & potential discounts on concert/lecture tickets at participating North American Reciprocal Museum institutions with your YBCA badge.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Executive Assistant” & your name in the subject line of your email.
Please, no phone calls or faxes—really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. YBCA encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.
YBCA will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49).