601 West 26th street
Systems Engineer - Infrastructure and Cloud Solutions
The Systems Engineer will perform migrations to Cloud technologies and Office 365 integration, responsible for working to clear any technical roadblocks and solve complex systems, networking and desktop problems surrounding migrations of the organization’s networks & applications to the Cloud.
- Participate in short- and long-term project efforts with stakeholders and IT groups
- Design solutions and estimate level effort for deployment
- Provide support for IT infrastructure projects such as Office 365 migrations, Windows 10 transition, Cloud migration, VPN rollouts, etc.
- Setup and administration of applications and database servers in public cloud and hosted private cloud platforms
- Work with technical architects and enhance server platforms, upgrades and migrations
- Provide best practice recommendations for hardware, operating systems, desktops, networks, firewalls, etc.
- Check server and firewall logs, scrutinizing network traffic, establishing and updating virus scans, and troubleshooting
- Stay abreast of current technologies, developments, standards and industry trends
- Possesses a deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- 3+ years of direct support of Cloud Services, SaaS or IaaS applications or systems
- Experience with Microsoft Azure workloads and infrastructure
- Expert level understanding of Azure networking: VPN, ExpressRoute, vNet peering, Firewall, NSG, and more
- 3+ years of experience in “migrating” on-premises workloads to the cloud
- Experience in private and public cloud hosting platforms
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects
- 3+ years of experience with Active Directory, Exchange, Group Policy, PowerShell, and Office 365 deployment and administration
- Office 365 / Exchange migration and migration support
- Experience with both Windows and Linux environments; thorough knowledge of Windows 7/8/10
- Proficient with network security design, firewalls, routers, proxies, network configuration, firewall products, intrusion detection systems, VPN policies, DMZ, IPSec, DNS, SMTP, HTTP proxies, etc.
- Knowledge of common web architectures and related security risks
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle concepts, designing platforms to suit specific application requirements, and software/databases deployment
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server technologies IIS, SQL in development, production and support
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field and/or 5+ years of equivalent work experience required. Appropriate certification is strongly preferred
- Candidate should be able to effectively interact with all levels of staff and executives and have excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work in a team or independently on complex tasks with minimal technical and management guidance
- Proficient with Project Management methodologies where you’ve created formal plans with tasks, resources and timeframes for projects you’ve managed
- Be prepared with a complete resume of your work experiences along with examples of projects you’ve managed and technologies you’ve mastered
- Provide references from previous employers
to apply please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Education Required