Free Arts NYC Mission: Free Arts NYC empowers underserved youth through art and mentoring programs to develop their creativity, confidence, and skills to succeed.
About the Free Arts Day Program: Free Arts Days (FAD) are events sponsored by a corporation or individual in which 25 - 100 children ages 6-13 are paired one to one with adult volunteer mentors. Together with their buddies, children create two to four art projects, giving them the opportunity to explore a wide variety of art materials and connect with their buddies. All events include snacks and lunch/dinner.
Job Summary: The Free Arts Day Summer Materials Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Free Arts Day team in delivering 25+ events during the summer. Responsibilities include: coordinating art materials and supporting at FAD events.
- Order, pack, prep, and coordinate shipping of program supplies
- Supervise interns and volunteers with project prep
- Track expenses and maintain budget
- Maintain art room organization
- Support at FAD events, including: co-leading classrooms of 20 youth and 20 volunteer mentors
- Maintain a safe, supportive environment in accordance with Free Arts NYC’s policies and trainings
- Remain alert to the needs of youth participants and volunteer mentors and assist them as required
- Communicate openly with partner agency staff about any needs involving facility and program participants.
Required Experience & Skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Public-speaking / ability to speak to large groups
- Experience managing volunteers
- Enthusiasm for Free Arts NYC’s mission
- Ability to: lift objects up to 50 pounds, be on your feet for 6-8 hours, bend down and lift objects throughout the day, move swiftly around classrooms and gyms throughout events
- Applicants must be 18 years & over to apply
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Event Production
- 1+ years’ work experience specifically engaging underserved youth through arts/youth development
Reports To: Free Arts Day Program Coordinator
Hours: Late May - Early August, Hours vary from 20-40 hours per week throughout the term. Please note: Position is 35 hours per week in July.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application deadline: April 1st
Email a cover letter and resume to Elisabeth Rudin at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Free Arts Day Summer Materials Coordinator (Idealist).”
Free Arts NYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to seeking a diverse staff with respect to gender, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, class, educational background, religion, sexual orientation, and physical ability. All applicants are welcome.