TSNE (formerly Third Sector New England) (www.tsne.org) is a management support organization that partners every year with hundreds of nonprofits, foundations, community-based groups, and others working for social change. Our mission is to provide information and services to build the knowledge, power, and effectiveness of individuals, organizations, and groups that engage people in community and public life. The ultimate intention of our work is to create a more just and democratic society.
We assist a wide range of organizations in the social sector with a mix of management support and capacity building services in consulting, financial and grants management, business administration, human resources, compensation and benefits administration, professional development training and research in nonprofit fields of practice.
As a leading voice and capacity builder in the nonprofit sector, TSNE is committed to learning and building our practices and values around diversity, inclusion and equity, and working in a culturally proficient way with our staff and the organizations and communities we serve. We actively cultivate a work environment that values the experiences of individuals in an open-minded and collaborative atmosphere.
The Contracts Staff Attorney works in support of the missions of our fiscally sponsored organizations (FSOs) as well as TSNE as an organization, in a dynamic, fast-paced team-based environment. The Contracts Staff Attorney plays a central role as part of the TSNE team managing the contracting needs of FSOs, as well as TSNE's property services and programs groups. The Contracts Staff Attorney must be able to balance efficient drafting and review of contracts with attention to detail and application of legal principles to promote and protect the missions and legal interests of TSNE and its FSOs. In addition, the Contracts Staff Attorney must be customer service oriented, tech savvy, and an effective communicator with both clients and colleagues. The Contracts Staff Attorney works with TSNE colleagues to meet the evolving needs of social justice initiatives housed at TSNE. This position is budgeted for 12-months with the possibility of continuing.Contracts Drafting, Review & Negotiation
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts and grants (including, but not limited to: vendor agreements, leases, fee for service contracts, etc.) on behalf of TSNE's FSOs and TSNE's internal teams, ensuring compliance with applicable funding terms, laws, and regulations including Uniform Guidance and TSNE policies, protocols and procedures;
- Own assigned contracts, ensuring that they make it through all stages of the contracts process, from drafting and negotiation, through signature, within the timeframes established by Legal Team leadership for contract turnaround;
- Periodically review, update, and develop contracts templates in accordance with changes in applicable law and/or organizational processes/priorities;
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with FSOs and colleagues as needed during contracts to process in order to: manage expectations, clarify priorities, discuss acceptable modifications, etc.; and,
- Work in partnership with other members of the Legal Team by providing excellent client services to TSNE internal teams and FSOs and collaborating across the organization to ensure all stakeholders legal needs are met.
- Own a portfolio of FSOs and serve as their primary legal advisor;
- Develop an understanding of the mission and program of assigned FSOs and work to identify and mitigate potential risks;
- Build positive, effective working relationships with the executive directors/designated liaisons of assigned FSOs;
- Connected assigned FSOs to other legal resources within the department as appropriate; and,
- Build positive, effective working relationships and proactively communicate with other internal TSNE staff, including the Grants and Finance Manager and Human Resources Business Partner, who work with assigned FSOs.
Contracts Management & Process
- Work with Contracts Team, and specifically Contracts Administrators, to keep organization-wide contract records updated in Salesforce and shared drives;
- Work with Contracts Team on an on-going basis to evaluate and improve contracts process for TSNE colleagues and FSOs;
- Own assigned projects related to improving the contracts process, from launch through completion;
- Develop, manage, and run Salesforce reports related to contracts; and,
- Support and participate in the development of ongoing written guidance and trainings for staff and FSOs, including updates to processes and templates.
Complete other tasks and projects related to the job, as needed.
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- Law degree from an accredited law school with an active license in good standing to practice law in Massachusetts required;
- 5+ years of experience negotiating and drafting contracts of all types at substantial volume required;
- Demonstrable experience with complex contract management system;
- Highly experienced with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CRM (Salesforce) programs;
- Familiarity with contracts management software and the ability to identify and implement technology solutions related to the contracts administration process;
- Able to manage and organize multiple projects while paying close attention to detail and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to provide high level of responsive customer service required;
- Ability to learn new things quickly;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including fluency in English are required;
- Extremely well-organized with excellent attention-to-detail;
- Ability to tactfully and diplomatically work through challenging situations with stakeholders;
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced, diverse, environment;
- Ability to move past challenges and find solutions;
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for TSNE's mission and to the work of social and economic justice organizations is preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Work is performed in an office environment and in close proximity to other workers.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
- Handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Reach; traverse; sit (usually for longer periods of time); occasionally ascend/descend; and position self (to) move;
- Occasionally lift and/or move materials or equipment;
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate;
- Job is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards;
- Likelihood of personal injury would be relatively slight;
- Environmental and work hazards are not present to a measurable degree.
Compensation and Benefits
Location: Work will be primarily performed at our main office (89 South St. Boston, MA 02111). Work is temporarily 100% remote.
Compensation: The starting salary for this position is $85,000 and is commensurate with experience.
Benefits: This position is eligible for a full benefits package including:
- Generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO): 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 1 week personal holiday, and sick time for full-time staff;
- 80% Employer-paid, $0 deductible Health Insurance through Harvard Pilgrim;
- Low-cost Guardian Dental and Vision;
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health and Dependent Care;
- Employer-paid Life, Long- and Short-Term Disability Insurance;
- Employer-paid Pension through TIAA;
- ...and more!
TSNE envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/ygRjAkto2dWjCymVIGVJN