332 East 149th Street
The Part-Time Immigration Attorney will work in our Immigrant Services department in our South Bronx Office. The primary focus of this position will be to provide immigration legal services to participants and to review applications completed by Immigrant Services program staff. He/she must be bilingual in Spanish and English.
This is a temporary part-time t position. The Immigration Attorney will work approximately 20 hours/week for 6 months, starting in December 2018. Scheduling is flexible and can include nights and/or Saturdays.
- Provides advice and counsel to participants on immigration law issues.
- Assists participants in the completion of immigration applications including but not limited to : N400, N600, I90, I765, I765WS, I821D, I912
- Reviews and authorizes the submission of applications and petitions completed by staff and/or volunteers
- Ensures that department staff and volunteers are complying with legal and regulatory requirements
- Researches questions on immigration law. Presents conclusions orally and in writing to establish and verify bases for legal proceedings
- Interprets immigration laws, rulings and regulations for staff
- Records information into various databases
- Completes agency and funder reports in collaboration with other program staff as needed
- JD required
- Admission to the NYS bar required
- Minimum of 3 years of immigration law experience required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Mercy Center is a comprehensive community center that has been serving low-income residents of the Mott Haven section of the South Bronx, NY for 28 years. Through our varied programs, we strive to holistically address the needs of individuals and families, developing skills for healthy family living and economic advancement while building a community of respect, hospitality and non-violence.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter no later than November 9, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE