519 Eighth Ave
About the Fiver Children’s Foundation
Founded in 1998, the Fiver Children's Foundation is a comprehensive youth development organization that makes a 10-year commitment to children from underserved communities throughout the New York area. Through character-building summer and year-round out-of-school time programs, Fiver empowers children to make ethical and healthy decisions, to become engaged citizens, and to succeed in school, careers, and life.
With a budget just over $2 million (and growing!), Fiver is seeking a dynamic Director of Development to spearhead a robust and thoughtful fundraising strategy.
Fiver is seeking a Development Director who deeply believes in creating a level playing field for youth from marginalized communities. The director will create and implement fundraising strategies that increase the organization’s support from individuals, corporations, foundations and other sources. The director will manage our annual gala and will have an opportunity to build new and innovative revenue streams.
This position is part of Fiver’s senior leadership team, reports directly to the Executive Director, and supervises a Manager of Institutional Giving and an intern. The director will interact regularly with program participants in our midtown Manhattan office and on occasional visits to our camp in central New York during the summer.
- Develop and execute the organization’s overall fundraising strategy
- Manage development efforts in a fiscally sound manner by ensuring that the appropriate systems and procedures are in place to support fundraising goals
Individual Donor Relations
- Create and implement systems for donor cultivation and make stewardship a priority throughout the organization
- Meet with donors (focus on $1,000+) to thank them and to cultivate relationships
Donor Communications and Data Management
- Maintain the donor management system (Raiser’s Edge)
- Oversee and assist in creating communication plans and marketing materials
Event Planning and Management
- Design, coordinate and execute a major gala ($700,000+ revenue)
- Develop and coordinate donor cultivation events, raffles and other events
Board and Volunteer Engagement
- Collaborate with Board of Directors, particularly the Development Committee, in developing fundraising strategy, identifying clear individual fundraising targets and providing necessary support to achieve them
- Manage, cultivate, and grow the Fiver Advocates (mid-career professional volunteer group)
- Supervise, motivate and cultivate leadership in Manager of Institutional Giving and a development intern
- Grow the capacity of the team by recruiting volunteers, interns and pro bono support
- Partner closely with our program staff to understand our Fiver community and to effectively share our story with potential and current supporters
- A passion for the mission of the Fiver Children’s Foundation, including a deep appreciation for summer camp and youth development overall
- At least 5 years of experience with a successful track record and a history of increased responsibility
- Strong collaborative work ethic
- Proven ability to raise funds from individuals and special events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience planning and managing fundraising events
- Understanding of non-profit budgets
We offer competitive salaries and provide generous benefits including four weeks of vacation plus four personal days, subsidized employee health insurance, complete vision and dental coverage, and a retirement savings plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required