CHI Digital Community Manager Job Description
Nonprofit overview: Congenital Hyperinsulinism International (CHI) is a leading organization dedicated to improving the lives of children with congenital hyperinsulinism (HI). HI is a life-threatening disorder that causes dangerously low blood sugar levels due to the over-production of insulin. Prolonged or severe low blood sugar can cause seizures, brain damage, and even death. CHI supports research towards better treatments and a cure, advocates for timely diagnosis and improved standards of care and supports people living with HI every step of the way.
Position summary: Joining the CHI team as CHI Digital Community Manager is a great opportunity to apply your passion for social and your artistic talents to exciting and impactful projects in the rare disease space. The Digital Community Manager will work together with CHI staff to plan and execute dynamic multimedia social campaigns, relying heavily on analytics and evolving nonprofit best practices and benchmarks in collaboration with key staff, under the supervision of the CHI Associate Director.
Location: The CHI Digital Community Manager will work remotely from home with limited travel. A preference will be given to individuals who live near Montclair, NJ, western MA, northern CT, Washington, DC, or CA, though other locations will be considered for the right candidate.
● Develop, produce, publish and share all daily social content (original copy, images, graphics, and social video) that builds meaningful connections with CHI’s international community and encourages targeted audiences to take action through event registration, participate in research opportunities, donating, respond to content requests, sharing CHI content and raising awareness here so the specific organization goals are outlined.
● Research, plan and produce dynamic multimedia social campaigns (organic and paid), relying heavily on analytics and evolving nonprofit best practices and benchmarks in collaboration with key staff, under the supervision of the Associate Director.
● Craft compelling narratives across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and others with a strong understanding of how to match the message to the medium.
● Produce and provide video and graphic content for CHI conferences, meetings, fundraisers, and other events.
● Manage social media calendar scheduling, adjusting daily as news and new developments unfold.
● Identify, develop and implement strategies to nurture and audience growth, and optimize content reach and performance.
● Track and report on performance and results of campaigns to ensure goals are being met.
● Contribute to and maintain social media and digital guidelines, tip sheets and online groups.
● Support CHI Staff as needed with proofreading, research, writing and editing and assist with other projects as assigned.
● Must be a strong community manager, engaging and responding to followers in timely fashion while brainstorming new ways to encourage social conversations.
● Must have a passion and significant energy for social media with detailed knowledge and demonstrated experience around existing and emerging social platforms.
· Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field.
· Marketing and communications experience and social media marketing management, either at a nonprofit, digital agency or news organization.
· Experience with design applications such as InDesign and Photoshop along with apps that assist in content creation.
· Experience utilizing community management tools (such as Sprout Social) and listening tools (such as TweetDeck).
· Experience creating optimized video for social using editing software (such as Adobe Premiere) or social video editing apps.
· Passion for digital media, storytelling, and community engagement with audience sensitivity.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a strong understanding of audience, framing, messaging and branding.
· Strong communication and collaboration skills as well as meticulous attention to detail.
· Solid understanding of social media metrics, audience targeting, analytics and best practices.
· High level of comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a flexible, all-hands-on-deck attitude.
· Comfort in an environment of professional colleagues and strong volunteer leadership and engagement.
· Familiarity with social media landscapes relevant to CHI’s social presence and the rare disease community is a plus.
CHI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
CHI Digital Community Manager Job Description
Nonprofit overview: Congenital Hyperinsulinism International (CHI) is a leading organization dedicated to improving the lives of children with congenital hyperinsulinism (HI). HI is a…
Please send a cover letter, resume, social media post and/or graphic design sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 25, 2021 and put “CHI Digital Community Manager Position” in the subject line.
Please send a cover letter, resume, social media post and/or graphic design sample to email@example.com by January 25, 2021 and put “CHI Digital Community Manager Position” in the…