Details: $14.00 per hour; approximately 20 hours per week
The Coalition Against Hunger has an opening for a part time Hotline Counselor who will respond to calls concerning food stamp eligibility and applications, and food resources. This is a part time position, reporting to the Operations Manager.
Scope of Work
- Prescreens individuals who call the Coalition’s Hotline using electronic screening materials to determine eligibility and benefit amount
- Completes online COMPASS application for benefits
- Provides accurate information to clients regarding the application process
- Provides appropriate agency referrals for emergency food and resources as needed
- Occasionally will conduct community outreach with Program Manager
- Provides staff support for the annual Walk Against Hunger, and other agency activities as needed
Fluency in Spanish is a big plus. At least two years of college. Must have excellent communication skills and be comfortable working in a non-profit setting. Must have strong computer skills and be comfortable working with an electronic client management database. Must be self-motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented. Must be able to work with individuals of diverse racial, socio-economic, age, and religious backgrounds. Basic knowledge of public benefits programs, such as SNAP, a plus.
This position is not eligible for employee health benefits, but does include five accrued paid vacation and eight accrued paid sick days annually.
Minimum Education Required