Philanthropy Services Specialist (FT) - We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a chance to make a difference.
The Company: FareStart is a James Beard Award-winning nonprofit organization that transforms lives, disrupts poverty and nourishes communities through food, life skills and job training.
The Job: The Philanthropy Services Specialist is responsible for managing the gift processing, donor data and reporting functions in support of philanthropy. This role will also be responsible for project management and execution of development mailings and stewardship campaigns and projects. They will support the Donor Systems Specialist in ensuring data integrity, creation of procedures as needed, and developing training for department staff on Raiser’s Edge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Philanthropy Data, Gift Processing and Reporting – 50%
- Collaborate with admin and finance teams on the receipt and processing of donations received via USPS.
- Manage and execute daily gift processing, batching donations into donor database, including the entry of gifts not in batches such as in-kind donations and pledges. Coordinate with vendors when necessary.
- Reconcile gifts with Finance in collaboration with Philanthropy.
- Compile the weekly giving report and manage the donor thank-you call process.
- Implement the gift acknowledgement process including thank-you letters and other materials when needed, emails. Coordinate with vendors when necessary.
- Carry out the efficient, accurate and timely donor gift acknowledgement, tracking and reporting of data through development databases (Raiser’s Edge and others); serve as or secure backup for the Database Specialist on these activities.
- Support the Donor Systems Specialist as needed in transferring data between different technology platforms including data extracted from Raiser’s Edge, and data from Greater Giving, and data housed in the eMarketing module or in Constant Contact.
- Support the creation of reports from Raiser’s Edge or other technology platforms in use by members of the Development Department for appeals, campaigns, events, or other uses.
- Support the creation of customized reports and data visualization for philanthropy as needed.
General Philanthropy Support – 50%
- Support the philanthropy team through the coordination and execution of campaigns and appeals including but not limited to; coordination with internal stakeholders, vendors, designers, logistical execution of mailing lists and mailings, emails, website/microsite needs, reporting, etc.
- Support the philanthropy team through the coordination (internal and external), and logistical execution of donor communications including but not limited to stewardship mailings, impact emails, donor surveys, newsletters, invitations, one-pagers, postcards, packets, etc.
- Support the Donor Systems Specialist in conducting database training for staff including Relationship Managers (RMs) on basic data input, list-pulls, and reporting.
- Provide customer service to FareStart supporters via phone, email or in person related to donations, gift acknowledgment or other donor-facing operations processes.
- Works with various stakeholders, manage documentation of philanthropy processes including but not limited to gift processing, reporting, donor communications, Raiser’s Edge and technology platforms.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Three (3) years of successful experience working in fund development for a non-profit organization and specific direct experience donor relations, gift processing and reporting required.
- Three (3) years of experience in philanthropy support roles, fundraising and project management.
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple project and tasks concurrently and effectively prioritize in a fast-paced work environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Expertise in MS Office Suite, especially Team, Words, Excel.
- Experience working directly with Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience managing, segmenting, and verifying large amounts of data.
- Extremely organized, proactive, and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through and communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with people with diverse backgrounds.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends on rare occasions.
- Maintain confidentiality and abide by Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Code of Ethical Principles and Standards.
- Knowledge of AirTable and other technology platforms desirable.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- During public stay at home order, employee will be working remote.
COVID-19 Consideration: We coordinate with the King County Public Health Department and the CDC to follow all required protocols.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The Location: FareStart, 700 Virginia, Seattle, WA 98101
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience and qualifications
- Paid time-off (3 weeks first year of employment) and paid holidays
- 401(k) savings plan
- Health, disability, and life insurance
- Free ORCA pass
- Free Shift Meal (when on-site)
Why Should You Apply?
- Be part of our mission to disrupt poverty.
- Join a supportive, respectful and celebratory community among our staff, students, board, and volunteers
- Organizational commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace
- FareStart encourages the personal and professional growth of its employees
FareStart is an Equal Opportunity Employer serving people of various communities and backgrounds. We seek applicants who value diversity and inclusivity. Women, People of Color, and Members of the LGBTQIA+ Community are encouraged to apply. Please go to https://www.farestart.org/careers to apply