108 Church Lane
Manager, Product Program
East Brunswick Service Center
Accepts and implements the Girl Scout Mission to build girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place. Agrees to pledge and uphold the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
CUSTOMER IMPACT STATEMENT:
The Product Program Manager reports directly to the Director of Membership Services and Product Program. He/she is responsible for the implementation of Council’s product program campaigns. Supervises the Product Program Specialists.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES (may include, but not limited to):
1. Responsible for several million dollar Cookie program budget.
2. Develop and administer annual operating budget for product program department.
3. Utilize vendor tools to set product program sales goals and expenses.
4. Develop and implement product program budget.
5. Monitor departmental expenses
1. Responsible for volunteer cupboard inventory, re-stock ordering and end of sales consolidation.
2. Perform day-to-day monitoring and management for the duration of sales campaigns; process all orders, control inventory, record transactions for product and money.
3. Analyze and ensure appropriate inventory levels of warehouses vs. demand from planned orders.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to engage girls and adult volunteers in product programs (magazines/nuts and cookies.
- Devise plans with specific metrics and goals.
- Collaborate with Girl Scout volunteers and vendors to ensure the efficient delivery of the program, supplies and products.
- Identify and assign staff to area in need of supplemental product program support.
- Utilize volunteer feedback to improve and create a quality program experience for all stakeholders.
- Ensure attractive girl reward structure for product programs.
1. Supervise Product Program Specialists
2. Create an environment that encourages and fosters teamwork within and beyond the department.
3. Mentor, coach and manage staff to ensure optimal performance.
1. Develop training tools for staff and volunteers.
2. Develop and deliver staff led training to council and volunteer stakeholders.
3. Create training guides for staff and volunteers.
4. Develop online product program training tools for volunteers.
Marketing Plan Implementation
1. Create and oversee marketing plan in collaboration with Communications Department.
2. Review and update content for council digital and print materials, reflecting key changes, brand guidelines, and current messaging.
3. Collaborate with communications department to create overall marketing strategy and timeline.
4. Analyze the ROI, cost, and visibility of media placements.
5. Act as project manager for top seller photo shoot.
Fiscal oversight of Juliette Funds
1. Administer the Girl Scout experience for all independent Girl Scouts who participate in product program activities.
2. Maintain accurate accounting of all independent girls and their participation in product program activities.
3. Create process for independent girls to participate in product program activities and access Juliette funds.
4. Submit appropriate paperwork to finance department to transfer funds to appropriate department to support the Girl Scout experience of each independent Girl Scout.
1. Identify all product program funds owed to council
2. Analyze the integrity of entries made in vendor accounting systems.
3. Ensure vendor accounting systems reconcile with council receivables.
4. Inform finance department of all delinquencies and overpayments.
5. Oversee and manage all communication to delinquent accounts.
6. Ensure information regarding delinquencies is communicated to management team.
Performs other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree, plus 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong communication skill with expertise handling conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; manage multiple priorities; creatively solve problems, and foster a pluralistic environment.
- Frequent mobility and/or sitting required for extended periods.
- Some bending and stooping required. Occasional lifting up to 30 pounds of paper or equipment.
- Manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard, calculator, copier machine, etc.
- Ability to read numbers, reports and computer terminals.
· Hearing within normal range for telephone use.
· Must be able to react favorably in all work situations.
· Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
· Is frequently called upon to handle difficult situations.
· Able to analyze many variables and chose the most effective course of action for the council at any given point in time.
· Handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
Minimum of 3 years Girl Scout experience in volunteer management, program, training or customer service. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
- The job requires driving 10% of the time.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and provide own transportation for travel within the council jurisdiction.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
PLEASE NOTE : TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS , COVER LETTER AND RESUME.