Details: Commensurate with experience.
AMERICAN POLITICAL SCIENCE ASSOCIATION (APSA)
POSITION TITLE: Web Services & Systems Support Specialist
SALARY: COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: 2-3 years of progressively responsible related experience.
The American Political Science Association (APSA) seeks a Web Services & Systems Support Specialist to support APSA’s Association Management System (AMS), website, and general communications and marketing efforts. This role often operates as a liaison between technical personnel and IT leadership. This role will evaluate and translate end-user needs and problems to technical associates and/or vendors where appropriate. The specialist will need to understand the people and process implications of technical solutions, and assist in defining and documenting the technology solutions to support needs. The specialist will need to communicate new technology and enhancements using all appropriate communication tools as well as providing support for existing systems to internal and external constituencies. APSA is seeking a high-energy team player with initiative, a strong work ethic, ability to easily collaborate with several association departments, and demonstrated capacity to work closely with the diverse international APSA membership.
Reports to: Senior Director, Communications and Marketing
This position is considered exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is therefore not eligible for overtime pay.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Serve as a technical support to staff and members and provide training as needed.
· Provide web site and AMS/database support to staff and members.
· Integrate association business processes into web applications.
· Conduct research on products and contribute to creative and innovative approaches to enhancing web services.
· Maintain functionality and integrity of APSA’s AMS and other databases (eNOAH, DotNetNuke, WordPress).
· Establish and maintain updated guidelines and documentation to ensure consistency in the use of databases (SOPs).
· Assist with maintaining AMS database user accounts and passwords with outside IT support vendor.
· Develop and execute regular and ad hoc reports and queries for staff and members as needed.
· Support the continual improvement of the APSA website, incorporating a content management system; managing the site’s modification, expansion, and improvement in alignment with APSA communications and membership development strategies, and ensuring that the website is accurate, timely, complete, and reflects best practice in terms of structure, navigation, design, and content presentation.
· Integrate new technologies into the website, including video and audio features, Web 2.0 programs, and online networking systems.
· Work with external vendors to develop and implement web-based services.
· Plan, develop and implement complex interactive web-based applications for staff and volunteers.
· Serve as a resource for staff assigned to web content editing duties. Train content contributors on use of content management system, and generate task-specific documentation on web applications and CMS.
· Ability to work independently and in close collaboration with other staff.
· Strong verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
· Ability to manage timelines, deadlines, and work professionally under pressure.
· Capacity to manage multiple projects.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's degree; IT and/or information management preferred.
· Experience in web development, database administration and content management.
· Managing websites, including management of design and third party developer.
· Knowledge of online security principles.
· Knowledge of web social and multimedia technologies.
· Two-three years of progressively responsible related experience.
· Demonstrated creativity, organizational skills and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
· Strong interpersonal and excellent written and oral presentation skills.
· Must be service oriented, diplomatic, energetic, confidential, flexible and resourceful.
· Ability to travel (≤10% of year).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
· This position requires the manual dexterity sufficient to operate phones, computers, and other office equipment, and the ability to sit and to use a computer for significant periods of time.
· This person must speak clearly using the English language to accurately convey information and be able to hear at normal speaking levels both in person and over the telephone.
· Vision correctable to 20/40 is required to review written material.
· Generally good working conditions with little or no exposure to extremes in noises, temperature.
· Little or no safety or health hazards.
· Minimal lifting or climbing.
· Work performed in an office setting.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered, submit a resume with cover letter indicating how your experience and skills align with the Web Services and Support Specialist position, as PDF attachments by email to APSA at email@example.com. Consideration of applications will begin on March 14 and the position will remain open until filled.