145 Main St
PO Box 136
The Center for Rural Affairs is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that was established in Northeast Nebraska in 1973. For more than 40 years, the Center for Rural Affairs has been a leading force engaging people to build a better rural future. The Center for Rural Affairs is headquartered in Lyons, Nebraska and has on-site and in-home offices throughout the state. The Center for Rural Affairs focuses on small business and farm development, farm and rural policy, research, and community development. Additional information about the Center for Rural Affairs can be found at www.cfra.org.
The Center for Rural Affairs is hiring a Development Director. The Development Director will report to the Chief Administrative Officer and be responsible for directing the Center’s individual donor fundraising activities and coordinating institutional funding strategies across the organization.
This is a full-time position located in Lyons, Nebraska. Compensation is commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package will be provided. Extensive travel around the state of Nebraska, regionally and nationally is required.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Direct a staff team engaged in grant writing, donor data base management and donor cultivation; serving as team lead by selecting, onboarding, motivating, guiding, and developing team members.
· Provides direction, feedback, and recognition to team members through 1 on 1s, quarterly conversations, and reviews.
· Partner with Executive Director and Program Directors to develop fundraising strategy and ensure strategy implementation.
· Report on development activities, performance, and trends to leadership, board members, and funders.
· Oversee annual small donor appeals process, including; constituent recruitment; appeal creation, distribution, fulfillment, pledge reminders and gift acknowledgements.
· Creates strategies to provide ongoing development, stewardship, engagement, and retention of major individual donors.
· Creates strategies to provide ongoing communications throughout the year with all funders and donors using varied methods and tools.
· Work closely with Executive Director to support major donor relations, endowment and capital fundraising efforts.
· Oversees strategies to ensure proper database entry, management, and maintenance.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communication, or in a related field is required.
· Experience with marketing, fundraising, and grant writing is required.
· Experience with project management is highly preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
· Strong leadership skills, ability to direct and motivate others.
· Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills; excellent attention to detail.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Willingness to travel to various sites across the state of Nebraska, regionally and nationally as needed.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested individuals can apply by sending their resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled. The Center for Rural Affairs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.