Administrative and Program Assistant
Details: This is a $15.00 per hour, non-exempt position.
Description of Employer
The Philadelphia Association of Community Development Corporations (PACDC) is a non‑profit membership organization that serves the community development sector of Philadelphia. Community development corporations (CDCs) are non‑profit, community‑based organizations that facilitate the revitalization of lower-income communities and address resident needs. Since its incorporation in 1992, PACDC has played a leadership role in securing increased funding for affordable homes and neighborhood economic development activities; spurring policies, strategies and systems change that advance equitable neighborhood revitalization; and providing technical assistance and training to build community development practitioner capacity. PACDC has over 125 members (50 of which are CDCs) who are involved in housing and community development throughout Philadelphia, including developing and repairing affordable homes, strengthening neighborhood shopping districts, and undertaking other activities to address the needs of residents and improve the quality of life in lower income communities.
The Administrative and Program Assistant will work closely with the Director of Administration and H.R., the Membership and Communications Coordinator, the Director of Resource Development, and other staff to provide program, event, financial and general office assistance. This position reports to the Director of Administration and Human Resources.
· Assist Director of Administration/Human Resources with bill processing, deposits and office management
· Assist Membership/Communications Coordinator with database entry, data collection, member file
management and electronic communications and website management including job and event postings
· Assist with all aspects of annual fundraisers, symposiums, and conferences, including assisting Direct of
Resource Development with mail and email outreach and event planning
· Provide administrative/logistical support for PACDC’s Community Development Leadership Institute (CDLI)
· Conduct direct outreach to Members/Board through phone calls and site visits
· Support for Board and Membership Meetings including minute taking and event preparation
· Assist with Logistics and food ordering for trainings and meetings
· General office support including mail merges, mailings, and supply ordering
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
· Excellent Word/Excel/Database skills
· Ability to self-start and prioritize
· Experience working in a team setting
· Several years’ experience with program assistance/administrative support
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Familiarity with Philadelphia’s neighborhoods and non-profit organizations
This is a $15 hourly, non-exempt position. Benefits include pro-rated PTO, Employer 401k contribution after one year of employment and schedule flexibility. Please send resume and cover letter with the subject heading “Administrative and Program Assistant” to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Attn: Administrative and Program Assistant Job Search, PACDC, 1315 Walnut Street, Suite 1600, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
PACDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
This is a $15.00 per hour, non-exempt position. Benefits include pro-rated PTO, Employer 401k contribution after one year of employment and schedule flexibility.
Minimum Education Required