Administrative Associate (non-profit association)
- Job posted by American Society of Clinical Oncology
Details: Based on experience
2318 Mill Road
Are you interested in making a world of difference in cancer care?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer through research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, VA position that offers an excellent benefits package and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here.
Who we are looking for:
The selected candidate will join the growing Education, Science and Professional Development Department and will comprehensively support the department Vice President, directors, and assist with programs, special projects, and initiatives. If you possess excellent administrative skills, proficiency in technical programs, a meticulous focus on detail, and bring a commitment to your work, we want to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President, Director of Professional Development, and Director of ASCO Advantage including scheduling and calendar management, coordinating travel arrangements and itineraries, preparing and processing expense reports, and responding to telephone and email inquiries
- In support of the ASCO Advantage program, track its budget, obtain copyright permissions, facilitate and submit faculty agreements and provide minutes of the ASCO Advantage Matrix meeting.
- Participate in department budget development, data entry, monthly expense monitoring, and invoice coding and processing
- Coordinate cross-team calendar maintenance, team meetings, and department and leadership meetings, with minutes as requested
- Coordinate and support logistic arrangements for Professional Development Committee meetings, on-site ASCO Advantage meetings, communicate necessary plans, invitations, forms and letters, process expense reports for all involved as needed by the respective department teams, and serve as back-up for coordination of logistic arrangements for onsite committee meetings
- Partner with the other department Administrative Associate to coordinate and support department activities
- Serve as department contracts administrator
- Deliver ‘best-in-class’ customer service to our internal and external customers
Qualifications you will contribute:
- Associate degree or equivalent training or related work experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience supporting senior level staff members
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); and an openness to embracing and learning new technology
- Enthusiasm, good judgment, and excellent communication skills (listening, verbal, and written)
- Self-managed with proven skills to use initiative and time management to prioritize work to deliver results with a strong attention to detail
- Professional demeanor and presence including the ability to handle confidential information
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills; team-oriented approach
Ideal qualifications to contribute:
- Previous administrative support experience in a member-based association or medical non-profit
- Experience working with web-based programs
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Minimum Education Required