Details: Salary commensurate with experience
371 West Farm Road
The Program Director will work in tandem with a highly-motivated team, as well as independently and with autonomy, translating our strategy into lasting, meaningful improvements in the lives of the Dominican Republic’s poorest people, those who live in the rural bateyes.
This position includes working with partners to shape program goals, create a regional strategy, and network with government agencies, donors, and other international agencies. The Program Director champions and leads impact-focused service learning programs and provides oversight and management of staff, relationship stewardship, logistics, risk management protocols, evaluation and reporting of these programs.
The Program Director will also work to increase the organization’s visibility in the United States; diversify and grow revenue, and refine institutional operating systems toward the future goal of a robust organization stateside.
This position is a full-time position (40 hours per week) and will be based remotely in Northern New England. Regular travel in Northern New Hampshire will be required including: school visits, community outreach events, participation in board meeting and other organizational activities.
- ● Collaborative, relationship builder, able to work autonomously and also within the structures of the mission.
- ● Highly organized, independent self starter capable of managing deadlines and deliverables with limited oversight
- ● Guided by strong values and a keen sense for managing risk
- ● Aware and sensitive to the culture, racial and socio-economic subtleties of international
- development work
- ● Experience in program design/development and as onsite trip leader
- ● Candidates fluent in Spanish strongly preferred. Basic conversational Spanish and the
- willingness to improve Spanish skills required.
- ● Oversee all new program(trip) design and development
- ● Oversee program/staff evaluations on an ongoing basis
- ● Develop and provide updated and personalized orientation materials and
- information to all trip leaders and program participants
- ● Design, market, and deliver annual trip leader training program manuals on an
- ongoing basis
- ● Manage all US-based program logistics
- ● Coordinate all communication between the Batey Foundation trip leaders and
- ● Develop and manage follow up communications to all trip participants
- ● Lead 1-2 trips per year
- Fundraising and Business Development
- ● Oversee all fundraising efforts
- ● Oversee development and management of institutional relationships
- Board/Governance / Administrative
- ● Present regular written and verbal reports to the board on all aspects of foundation business
- ● Make all records, documents and files available to the board at any time upon their request
- ● Finance and Fiscal management
- Manage DR based team
- ● Oversee and direct regular meetings with DR-based Program Manager and other TBF contractors
- ● Maintain master TBF calendar including programming, fundraising and other significant annual events
- ● Attend foundation events as requested (eg: board meeting, special events, etc)
Location, Compensation and Start Date
- The Batey Foundation is based in Bethlehem, NH however travel throughout New Hampshire and bi-annual travel to the Dominican Republic is a requirement of this job, and applicants are expected to maintain a reliable car and valid driver’s license. This is a full-time position with compensation based upon experience. We aim to have the Program Director start as early at June 1, 2018 and absolutely by July 1, 2018 to ensure a transition period working with the current director.
- The Batey Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applicants of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate in employment against persons based on color, race, religion, age, ability, gender, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or marital status. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency required. Candidates fluent in Spanish strongly preferred. Basic conversational Spanish and the willingness to improve Spanish skills required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and letter to firstname.lastname@example.org