8660 Gilman Drive
The Executive Director manages, oversees and is ultimately responsible for the synagogue budget, its physical plant, supervision of synagogue personnel, and the overall management and day-to-day operations of the synagogue. The ED supports the Rabbis and lay leadership, and is responsible for program, membership services, and resource management.
1. Administrative Responsibilities, Strategic Planning and Governance: Oversees operations, works with Board and committees on strategic and long-range planning, governance practices and procedures, financial analyses.
2. Fiscal Management: Budget, fiscal controls, maintains and supervises accounts payable and receivable, reviews monthly and annual financial reports.
3. Program Management: Supports Board and Rabbis in the development of programs and services. Coordinates staff for regular synagogue activities, facilitates assessment, planning, development, implementation and evaluation of programs and services.
4. Human Resources and Personnel Management: Hires, supervises, trains, motivates and evaluates staff, in coordination with rabbinical staff and lay leadership. Sets clear goals with realistic outcomes. Creates a culture of excellence, supports staff development, team-building.
5. Facilities Management: Supervises facility operations and building usage scheduling, building maintenance and repair, computer systems, tenant and rental relations, campus improvements, security. Manages basic contracts and vendor relationships.
6. Membership Recruitment, Engagement and Retention: Coordinates and implements plan for membership outreach and engagement, including spiritual, social and educational programming.
7. Marketing and Communications Management: Directs synagogue communications including website, electronic and print communications. Oversees calendar systems to communicate programming for all synagogue news and events.
8. Development: Works with lay and professional leadership to support fundraising efforts.
Secular and Jewish holidays
Retirement fund contribution
Health, dental, life, disability insurance
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required