Details: Commensurate with experience
121 Avenue of the Americas 6th Fl
About Promise Project:
Promise Project is a rapidly growing non-profit that gives impoverished children with learning disabilities the path to an education. In collaboration with Columbia University Medical Center and New York Presbyterian Hospital, Promise provides children with suspected learning disabilities free, state-of-the-art neuropsychological testing, educational advocacy and parent training.
Promise seeks a smart, detail-oriented, and self-motivated Development and Marketing Coordinator to support the organization’s communications, marketing and fundraising activities, beginning June 2018. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and adept at multitasking, with strong interpersonal skills and an enthusiasm for and interest in learning about all aspects of nonprofit and fundraising operations.
· Marketing: Updating and assembling donor collateral, managing a production calendar, updating website, writing appeals and e-blasts, developing social media strategy.
· Event planning: Coordinating logistics for fundraising and cultivation events occurring throughout the year, including Promise’s annual luxury silent auction event. Managing vendor relationships, auction, event collateral, day-of coordination.
· Donor management: Organizing and tracking all aspects of donor management, including prospect research, solicitation mailings, follow-up, gift processing, and donor acknowledgements. As needed, assisting with grant research and support.
· Board of Directors: Liaising with members of the Board of Directors, preparing materials and agendas for quarterly Board meetings.
· Database management: Managing and maintaining fundraising database (Salesforce) including gift entry and updates to database records. Creating fundraising and donor reports.
· Administrative support: Managing mailings, processing invoices and reimbursements, scheduling meetings, ordering supplies, providing additional administrative support as related to development priorities.
· Previous internship and/or office work experience required; nonprofit, events, or fundraising experience preferred.
· Team player with a “nothing is beneath me” attitude
· Strong written and verbal skills; proofreading skills and close attention to detail essential.
· Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, and Excel); experience with Adobe Photoshop or InDesign a plus.
· Experience working with databases and email marketing; knowledge of Salesforce a plus
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and juggle multiple projects at once.
· Commitment to Promise Project’s mission and the children that we serve.
We offer our employees a competitive salary as well as comprehensive benefits including flexible paid vacation, health insurance, and a 401k match.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume and a thoughtful cover letter detailing how your interest and experience is a fit for the role to email@example.com.