Details: Compensation This is a full time, exempt position, with a competitive nonprofit salary and comprehensive benefits package.
World Affairs is the leading international affairs organization on the west coast, offering a forum where diverse audiences engage in thoughtful conversations on global issues with an A list of speakers. With more than 150 in-person programs each year, World Affairs’ Policy Programming offers fresh insights and new perspectives on current topics of international importance and engages a curious public with ideas that stimulate, conversations that matter and leaders who inspire. Its Global Business Forum offers a suite of programs that convene thought leaders and business professionals in the Bay Area and around the world for in-person conversations focusing on issues and opportunities that are at the nexus of international policy, commerce, technology, and society.
Since 2001, World Affairs has been home to the Global Philanthropy Forum (GPF), which works to build a community of donors and social investors committed to international causes, and to inform, enable and enhance the strategic nature of their work. GPF has grown into a dynamic international network of participants who are committed to inclusive development globally. Regional affiliates include the African Philanthropy Forum (APF) and the Brazilian Philanthropy Forum.
World Affairs seeks a dynamic Director of Annual Giving to work closely with the CEO, the Chairman and other board members and colleagues across the organization. This is a terrific opportunity for an up and coming fundraiser to work directly with Bay Area community leaders in the service of an excellent and well established organization which will be celebrating its 70th anniversary in 2017.
The Director of Annual Giving will be responsible for the creation and execution of all fundraising activities pertaining to annual programs, annual campaigns and membership drives and will oversee donor cultivation events. These include World Affairs’ signature Awards Dinner, an Annual Fund and Membership Drive, and a few private events during the year leveraging the presence of recognized speakers at the organization’s other events.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Supervises: Development and Membership Associate
Selected Duties and Responsibilities:
· Create an annual development plan for individual and foundation giving with measurable outcomes to guide the activities of the development staff, management team, and trustee leadership;
· Manage and coordinate the organization’s development efforts from trustees and major donors, coordinating and executing donor annual giving campaigns, special events, all related communications, research and the solicitation process.
· Oversee the planning and execution of the annual Awards Dinner, providing research, communication and coordination support to the CEO, the Chairman, the Awards Committee and other board members.
· Conceive, design and execute donor and prospect cultivation events, leveraging World Affairs speakers and programs;
· Manage the Annual Fund campaign, including the design and execution of direct mail pieces, and other solicitation vehicles.
· Grow funding for the Education program and the annual Scholarship Fund campaign.
· Identify prospects, conduct research and prepare background materials for the Board Chair and trustees, the CEO and COO to support cultivation efforts and fundraising calls.
· Manage and steward relationships with individuals and foundation donors.
· Coordinate with the Sr. Vice President, Business Development to ensure integrated fundraising strategy and outreach between fundraising efforts;
· Working with the Sr. Vice President for Programs and the organization’s Executive Producer, develop a strategy to increase membership.
· Plan and execute all development and membership campaigns.
· Write proposals, applications, and grant reports as applicable.
· Work with the Database Specialist to ensure that the donor data and other tracking systems are properly managed and current in Salesforce NPSP database.
· Collaborate with the marketing and communications team to develop strategy for online and print collateral to attract and retain donors.
· Review and refresh development and membership policies and procedures as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ experience including a demonstrated record of fundraising successes with major individual and foundation gifts.
· Superb writing, communications and presentation skills.
· Knowledge of current fundraising trends.
· Knowledge of Bay Area foundation landscape.
· Familiarity and comfort with social media.
· Working knowledge of contact management database systems, Salesforce highly preferred.
· Experience working with philanthropic leaders and trustees.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Highly organized, multitasker, detail-oriented and a self-starter.
Medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, 401k.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We invite qualified candidates to submit a resume and a cover letter with salary history and desired salary to email@example.com. Please reference the subject line as follows: “Director Annual Giving - Last name, First name”.
This is a rolling recruitment. We will conclude the process when the job has been filled. We thank all candidates for their interest; however given the volume of applications we are only able to contact those whom we decide to interview.
The World Affairs Council of Northern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from individuals who contribute to its diversity.