7101 Wisconsin Ave
The American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics is an organization composed of biochemical, clinical, cytogenetic, medical and molecular geneticists, genetic counselors and other health care professionals committed to the practice of medical genetics. ACMG was incorporated in 1991 to give national representation to providers of genetic services and their patients with genetic disorders and to speak for the emerging specialty of medical genetics in organizations and agencies concerned with medical service, certification, and regulatory issues. ACMG provides education, resources, and a voice for the medical genetics profession and its mission is to improve health through genetics and genomics.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Working closely with the Executive Director and Director of Administration, the Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative to support the ACMG Board of Directors and volunteer committee members by conducting research, preparing reports and presentations, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, coordinating travel and managing travel reimbursements, scheduling meetings, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. This role interfaces with executive leadership of ACMG and the ability to demonstrate in all activities, organization,
accuracy, thoroughness, discretion, thoughtfulness, and an ability to manage multiple deadlines are of utmost importance.
- Manages Executive Director schedule and ensures appropriate materials are prepared for internal and external meetings.
- Manages meetings and conference calls of ACMG Board, committees, and workgroups.
- Arranges travel, accommodations, itineraries, all correspondence related to arrangements and reviews travel reimbursements for accuracy prior to submission to the Accounting Department.
- Prepares and distributes meeting materials, records and transcribes minutes.
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents as requested.
- Answers phones, routes calls to the correct person or department.
- Maintains inventory and office supplies, anticipates office needs ordering supplies when necessary.
- Assists with planning company events, meetings, and employee team building activities or special projects.
- Technical Capacity: advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; working knowledge iMIS or association management software a plus
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Collaboration skills
- Exceptional communication (oral and written) proficiency
- B.A. or B.S., required (or equivalent work experience)
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience required
- Experience managing requests of organization leaders and supporting nonprofit boards desired
- Ability to maintain productive and professional working relationships with team members, College leadership, planning committees, and members
BENEFITS AND SALARY
The salary for this non-exempt, full-time position shall be commensurate with the candidate’s skill and experience. ACMG offers an excellent benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter, with salary requirements and three professional references to email@example.com with the subject line, Executive Assistant. Only competitive candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the selection process. No phone calls please. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.