Heluna Health invites applications for a full-time registered nurse. Bridge HIV is a grant-funded research unit affiliated with the San Francisco Department of Public Health and the University of California San Francisco. Under the direction of Susan Buchbinder, MD, Bridge HIV has been conducting HIV preventive vaccine studies, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) studies (including oral and injectable medications and microbicides), and other studies of biomedical HIV prevention strategies since the early days of the epidemic. The Bridge HIV Investigators are global leaders in HIV vaccine and prevention science, epidemiology of HIV infection, HIV medication adherence, combination HIV prevention strategies, and HIV research training methods. For more information, please see www.bridgehiv.org.
Under the direct supervision of the Medical Director, the registered nurse (RN) will be part of a dynamic team conducting HIV prevention trials. The RN will provide clinical services for research participants at the 25 Van Ness research clinic site. The RN will perform regular review and follow-up of laboratory results and conduct quality control activities on study documentation. The RN will assist with other clinical/administrative tasks to ensure proper conduct of research activities. The RN will also support HIV prevention trials including HIV vaccine, microbicide, and PrEP studies.
This is a temporary, grant-funded, full-time, benefitted position. This position requires the employee to work Monday through Friday onsite, with some evening hours required.
Employment is provided by Heluna Health.
Pay range: $154,388-$165,308 annually
If hired for this position, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to your start date, or have a valid religious or medical reason qualifying you for an exemption (that may or may not require accommodation).
• Offer direct clinical services to study participants. This includes conducting medical/behavioral histories and physical exams under the supervision of the Medical Director; providing study-related education and obtaining written informed consent; following up on urgent and outstanding adverse events and concomitant medication changes; providing HIV/STI risk reduction counseling and testing and medication adherence counseling.
• Conducting study visits in Spanish as needed.
• Provide appropriate mental and physical health referrals.
• Administer study drugs as indicated per protocols; maintain accurate product logs (including temperature, chain-of-custody).
• Perform phlebotomy and routine point-of-care tests.
• Collect blood and other biological specimens as needed.
• Obtain necessary sign off on adverse events (AEs) from covering MD investigator. Fulfill internal and external reporting requirements for adverse and serious adverse events.
• Keep professional certification current. Ensure continuing education credit requirements are up to date.
• Maintain valid CPR certification (BLS-HCP).
• Review laboratory results from research studies in a timely manner; develop a follow-up plan for abnormal findings in concert with the Medical Director.
• Perform quality control activities to ensure accuracy in the recording, transmission, and follow-up of research data.
• Perform additional administrative tasks as assigned by supervisor, including assisting with development and refinement of standard operating procedures; preparing quarterly and annual reports; developing source documents and tracking systems; reviewing study documents translated into Spanish for accuracy; and other study related administrative tasks as needed.
The Registered nurse must be able to:
• Read and speak Spanish at a high level of proficiency.
• Demonstrate a deep commitment to and understanding of racial equity.
• Participate in Bridge HIV racial equity projects and transgender health equity initiatives.
• Provide clinical services for research study participants.
• Review and follow-up on laboratory results.
• Conduct quality control activities on study documentation.
• Contribute actively to a cohesive team environment.
• Foster innovation, open, clear communication and collaboration that promotes excellence.
• Participate in Bridge HIV meetings as required.
• Attend community engagement and recruitment events as needed.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings.
• Possession of a valid California RN license.
• Experience and cultural competency working with racially, ethnically, and sexually diverse populations.
• Experience conducting research studies.
• Stand: Frequently
• Walk: Frequently
• Sit: Frequently
• Handling / Fingering: Occasionally
• Reach Outward: Occasionally
• Reach Above Shoulder: Occasionally
• Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend: Occasionally
• Lift / Carry: Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
• Push/Pull: Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
• See: Constantly
• Taste/ Smell: Not Applicable
Not Applicable Not required for essential functions
Occasionally (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Frequently (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Constantly (5+ hrs/day)
The employee is subject to blood borne pathogen hazards.
Evening and weekend hours may be required.
General Shared Office Setting, Indoors Temperature Controlled.
Heluna Health is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.
All qualified applicants will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
It is the policy of Heluna Health to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Heluna Health invites applications for a full-time registered nurse. Bridge HIV is a grant-funded research unit affiliated with the San Francisco Department of Public Health and the University of California San Francisco…
Read and speak Spanish at a high level of proficiency.
Read and speak Spanish at a high level of proficiency.
Please apply at: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/PUB1001PUBH/JobBoard/6705aa07-0bcb-4660-ad1b-2fda952becc7/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=1b3c6fc9-2a62-4bf0-98e5-f02856336c3d
Resume and Cover Letter required to be considered.