Homes for the Homeless (HFH) is expanding rapidly to continue its mission of providing homeless families with opportunities and support to transition into permanent housing. HFH helps create lasting solutions for families experiencing homelessness through self-sufficiency planning, goal setting, and achievement. We invite you to visit our website, www.hfhnyc.org, to learn more about our facilities and programs.
Our residential facility in the North Bronx seeks an enthusiastic and resourceful Youth Services Manager to oversee the operation of the daycare and afterschool recreational programs. The Youth Services Manager manages the day-to-day operations of the classrooms to ensure that quality standards and guidelines are met. The Youth Services Manager has overall accountability for the growth, quality and success of the program operation, its students and a staff of 4. Must be a positive role model and natural leader with excellent communication skills.
· Ensure that the program maintains an emotionally and physically safe environment for youth that meets all compliance and safety requirements set forth by the organization, funders and applicable laws.
· Develop a combination of program activities to provide academic tutoring and support, sports, fitness and wellness activities, and arts instruction.
· Organize special events, including showcases that highlight student achievement and culturally enriching field trips.
· Implement innovative and age appropriate curriculums, enrichment activities, and theme-based projects.
· Liaise with the Department of Education and the Department of Social Services
· Develop and manage relationships with local schools and community providers.
· Support the hiring, supervision, and evaluation of staff.
· Bachelor’s degree in related fields (education, psychology, social work, recreation or physical education with supervisory experience and experience coordinating afterschool or recreation programs.
· Teaching or afterschool management experience preferred.
· Must pass pre-employment background investigation including but not limited to fingerprinting, employment history, and criminal background check.
· Experience working with low-income and at-risk youth.
· Excellent organizational and planning skills.
· Knowledge and ability to utilize computer and related technology efficiently.
· Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate solutions.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with program staff and community partners.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills required.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance, employer funded retirement benefits, life insurance, and ample vacation, holiday, personal and sick leave.
Click link to apply: http://bit.ly/HFHJobs
HFH has a strong EEO commitment and encourages applicants that will increase the diversity of our organization. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Minimum Education Required