Details: $35 an hour minimum
610 West 112th street
Where: 610 W 112th Street, New York, NY 10025
When: October 2018 - June 2019
Liberty LEADS seeks qualified Math teachers for our 2018-19 after school and Saturday programs. We are seeking energetic instructors to teach project based applied mathematics courses geared toward secondary students. The courses should expose students to various grade-specific topics using real-world experiences and projects to connect the students to concepts and engage them in the course. We are looking for instructors for each grade.
The Liberty LEADS Program at Bank Street College is a college access and college success program serving students throughout New York City. We offer a comprehensive academic program and a wide range of resources for students in grades 5 through 12, Monday through Saturday, for 11 months of the year. Liberty LEADS works to ensure that youth with few economic resources have access to the supports necessary to realize their potential, make positive contributions to society, and smoothly make the transition into college or an entry-level career. The program is guided by the principle that all children have gifts, talents, and great potential and can contribute to one another's social and academic growth.
- Adapt and implement applied math curriculum for groups of 10-12 students
- Establish a goal for an applied based project to present at the end of year
- Engage students and differentiate instruction to meet the needs of students
- Manage classroom using positive behavior management strategies
- Meet regularly with the Liberty LEADS High School Advisor for supervision and debriefing
- Prepare presentation with students for ‘end of year’ celebrations
- Provide lesson plans to supervisor one week in advance for approval.
- NYS Teacher Certification or professional proficiency in content area preferred
- Special Education teachers strongly urged to apply
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or a related field; Master’s preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of the Common Core preferred
- Previous experience working with high school youth
- Able to motivate students about STEM-related concepts and activities; emphasis on application
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume to specified email and also apply on Bank Street website.