115 West 31st Street
Reporting to our Controller, the Senior Accountant will maintain and strengthen financial and administrative policies and procedures to ensure organizational transparency, and ensure financial reporting and control. The Senior Accountant is responsible maintaining the books in accordance with GAAP, periodic closing procedures and ensuring all general ledger accounts are reconciled in a timely manner. This position is responsible for managing the budget in the accounting system and preparing monthly budget-to-actual reports and analysis.
- Maintaining the books of Win’s subsidiary and affiliate entities which entails; processing accounts payable payments, cash receipts and month-end closing.
- Reconciling all GL accounts monthly and preparing monthly financial statements.
- Ensuring tax returns for all entities are filed timely. Reviewing all tax returns for accuracy prior to filing.
- Play a senior role in monthly, quarterly and year-end closings.
- Assist with the preparation of the budget.
- Working with the Controller to coordinate the year-end audit.
- Working with the Real Estate Department to maintain current on all events impacting the entities.
- Ensure all tasks for monthly, quarterly and year-end close are completed accurately and in a timely manner. Ensure accounting records are reconciled and complete, including preparing necessary journal entries (e.g. payroll, allocations, fixed assets, prepaid, accruals, etc).
- Produce and analyze financial reports and schedules and prepare explanatory notes as necessary, including but not limited to; Statement of Activities (Income Statement), Statement of Financial Position (Balance Sheet), Cash Flow Statement; Budget v. Actual Variance Report.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations of Win’s bank accounts.
- Working on various projects with the Controller/VP Finance.
- Knowledge of IRS Sec. 42 requirements, 8609, and cost certifications preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Four (4) plus years of experience with Not-for-profit entities and entities with a parent/subsidiary relationship
- Understanding of Not-for-profit, Corporate and Partnership information and tax returns respectively
- MIP experience a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, with the ability and willingness to be hands-on and solve problems as they arise
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods and practices of bookkeeping and financial record keeping and proven ability to conduct moderately complex accounting functions.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Dental Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement
- Direct Deposit
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Commuter Transit Check
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please visit https://winnyc.hyrell.com/UI/Views/Applicant/VirtualStepCareers.aspx