2101 North Front Street
Governor's Plaza North Bldg #2
The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR) is seeking a part-time Communications Specialist
who will help our organization develop strong content for web and print on sexual violence-related
issues in the Commonwealth. This position will be located in Harrisburg.
PCAR understands sexual violence as a social justice issue and works to prevent and respond to
sexual violence within this framework. We are committed to nurturing a workplace that is affirming,
inclusive, and respectful of all people and the ways in which they identify across race, class, ability,
gender, sexual orientation, age, and other characteristics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Effectively communicate PCAR’s positions on policy and key legislative issues through op-eds,
policy statements and the development of web content
• Contribute to PCAR’s annual report and newsletter development
• Follow relevant news stories, prepare talking points, press releases, blogs and other documents
• Review and edit publications
• Develop content for PCAR’s social media accounts
The successful candidate will possess strong writing, verbal, editing and interpersonal skills in
language and an understanding of sexual violence-related issues. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
combination of education and experience required.
Who We Are
Founded in 1975, The mission of the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape is to work to eliminate all
forms of sexual violence and to advocate for the rights and needs of victims of sexual assault. PCAR
partners with a network of rape crisis programs to bring help, hope and healing around issues of
sexual violence to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. PCAR:
• Assures that communities have access to quality victim services and prevention education by
providing funding, training, materials and assistance to a network of rape crisis centers that serve
all of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties.
• Provides resources and training on sexual assault-related issues to professionals across PA.
• Promotes public policies that provide protections and services to victims of sexual violence, hold
offenders accountable, enhances community safety, and works with media to increase public
awareness, access to accurate information and ethical reporting practices.
• Operates the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC), which identifies, develops and
disseminates resources regarding all aspects of sexual violence prevention and intervention.
PCAR offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to email
a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com by June 30th.
Complete job description available online at www.pcar.org.
Minimum Education Required