Your role stands at the intersection of organizing and the fight to change the odds for underrepresented children and families. Stand for Children seeks a dynamic and hard-working Electoral Organizer to mobilize our grassroots stakeholders to volunteer with campaigns and candidates that support students. The Organizer will report to the State Organizing Director to ensure we have an ongoing presence in one state legislative race, and on two Portland area ballot measures.
Stand for Children is a non-profit education advocacy organization focused on ensuring all students receive a high quality, relevant education, especially those whose boundless potential is overlooked and under-tapped because of their skin color, zip code, first language, or disability.
About the Campaigns
Stand is working in a close state legislative race to elect an education and equity champion: Deb Patterson in State Senate District 10. We will do targeted, socially distant voter outreach by phone, text, mail, etc. We want to reach out to Latinx voters, especially in Salam.
We are also supporting two local Portland Ballot Measures:
1) Portland Public School bond to rebuild a crumbling historically Black high school, as well as a new district Center for Black Excellence
2) Pass Preschool for All ballot initiative in Portland
· Support Oregon’s campaign work through targeted field activities (e.g., phone banking, texting, social media)
· Recruit and mobilize volunteers
· Nightly reporting for voter contact, shifts, volunteer recruitment, etc.
· Train volunteers to be effective
· Work with the State Organizing Director to determine where best to fit in with existing campaigns
· Work with Portland Organizer to divide work on Portland School bond campaign
· Work with State Organizing Director to create plan, volunteer trainings, materials, and scripts for campaigns
· Represent Stand for Children in campaign coalitions
· Passionate commitment to Stand for Children’s mission and strategy to ensure that all children, regardless of their background, graduate from high school prepared for and with access to college or career training
· 2 years’ experience working on political or electoral campaigns
· Project management skills and keen attention to detail
· Ability to work and stay organized on several projects at one time in a fast-paced environment
· Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
· Exceptional communicator, listener, enjoy working with volunteers
· Experience working with diverse populations that include all ethnic and socioeconomic groups
· Spanish fluency is required
· Voter File Experience preferred
Stand for Children consists of two separate entities. Stand for Children, Inc., a grassroots membership organization is exempt under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code, and Stand for Children Leadership Center, a leadership development organization is exempt under section 501(c)(3)
Stand for Children and Stand for Children Leadership Center are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. We are committed to a diverse and culturally inclusive workplace in which our differences broaden our awareness, enrich our daily experiences and contribute to our collective strength. People of color, members of underrepresented ethnic or socioeconomic populations and bilingual/multi-lingual speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.
Your role stands at the intersection of organizing and the fight to change the odds for underrepresented children and families. Stand for Children seeks a dynamic and hard-working Electoral Organizer to mobilize our grassroots…