South LA Neighborhood Partnerships Community School Coordinator
- Job posted by Los Angeles Education Partnership
202 West 1st Street
Objective: The community school coordinator will be hired by LAEP and supervised by the Director of Community Schools. In partnership with each school and LAEP, the community school coordinator will build a sustainable system of student, school and family supports that improves outcomes and creates an environment where students fulfill their potential at two school sites.
The Community School Coordinator will:
Develop the school’s vision:
· Assist in developing infrastructures for the smooth delivery of holistic services to students, parents and community members and the delivery of more health education information to students and families.
· Assemble and facilitate a support team composed of stakeholders at each school to identify unique needs and priorities of its school community and create neighborhood partnerships to meet identified student needs.
· Develop a resource plan of action and Resource Council for the school.
Integrate student supports:
· Identify and organize existing student supports, health, family and enrichment services on both campuses, manage and coordinate services, coordinate between service providers and school staff, supervise outreach and coordinate with parent centers.
· Work with each school and parent engagement staff to enhance family engagement, facilitate parent education classes, provide parent leadership activities, create family-engagement activities support development and enhancement of a parent councils.
· Empower parent leaders to develop a Parent Center at the school site to be sustained and support by school administration and leadership
· Establish, review and update a current database of learning supports and community resources for each school.
Employ data analysis:
· Process documentation as required for administrative procedures, including invoices, timesheets, evaluation materials and tracking logs.
· Oversee data reporting from the service providers, students and parents and be responsible for compliance with the evaluation plan for both schools.
In collaboration with the Teaching and Learning Coordinator:
· Work with families, community partners, and each school in developing transition programs for entry to high school that address social-emotional adjustment and academics.
· Implement a health and wellness plan
· Assist in the development of the organizational goals and objectives consistent with each school's’ vision, mission and values of the school.
· Work collaboratively with each Instructional Leadership Team (ILT) and coach teachers in developing/supporting the strategic plan to align the vision, mission, and instructional priorities of each school.
· Support the excellence, teamwork and collaboration among the staff, teachers, students, and families at both schools.
· Facilitate communication including, e.g., action plans, sustainability plans, or a monthly electronic newsletter.
· Facilitate data analysis of student achievement and participate in preparation of goals and implementation of action plans at each school.
· Assist both ILTs in developing data-informed decision making professional learning to support the establishment of data driven cultures and PLCs.
· Participate in LAEP project workgroups, feeder pattern networks, coordinator networks, department meetings and all staff development meetings and activities.
· Participate in LAEP activities that support the culture and successes of LAEP and partner schools.
· Participate in LAEP activities that support the culture and successes of LAEP.
· Work as part of the LAEP Transform Schools team based at a partner high school, focused on the successful development of children and their articulation into high school and college.
· Work with the neighborhood partnerships, particularly the principals, to plan and develop annual work plans that prioritizes needs, strategies and activities for the year.
· Participate in project team meetings and other meetings with project staff and key partners to collaborate and review progress.
· Facilitate communication including, e.g., a resource directory and a monthly electronic newsletter.
· 3 years minimum experience in working with programs that support children’s academic success through parent engagement, family support and community/school collaboration. Emphasis in middle schools preferred. Previous school-based or teaching experience is a plus.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills; strong written and interpersonal skills
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
· Experience working with individuals with diverse ethnic backgrounds
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
· BA required, preferably in a related field such as education, ethnic studies, or social work
· Experience working with students of diverse abilities & backgrounds
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team
· Builds excellent rapport and relationships with students and parents
· Earns the respect of the school site staff and wider community
Physical and Mental Requirements:
· While performing the duties of this job, the School Community School Coordinator is frequently required to sit; stand; stoop; bend; walk; talk; hear; use hands to grip, type; reach with hands and arms, occasionally required to stand or walk on uneven surfaces; and climb stairs.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds
Licensing and Certification Requirements:
· Daily driving could be required, must provide own vehicle, valid Driver's License and proof of full vehicle insurance coverage;
· Negative tuberculosis screen (required);
· Must pass criminal background check.
Required Documentation at Time of Application:
· If you believe that you qualify for this position based upon education or training you have received, you will be required to provide a copy of your official transcripts or copy of diploma from the accredited college/university, and/or a copy of a certificate indicating your successful completion of any required training, before your qualifications will be evaluated.
· Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE) plus benefits, including medical, dental, retirement plan, PTO leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Minimum Education Required