Based anywhere in the UK and working within the Strategic Partnerships Team (Funding), this role will manage VSO’s relationship development and proactive positioning with major global foundations and other priority institutional donors. The role will include development and management of a focused engagement plan for a small number of key foundations and institutional donors, subsequent engagement and relationship development and high quality bid development. This will enable VSO to position for and secure high value new business opportunities to grow VSO’s global programme portfolio and deliver significant impact.
Based anywhere in the UK and working within the Strategic Partnerships Team (Funding), this role will manage VSO’s relationship development and proactive positioning with major global foundations and other priority institutional…
In return for your skills, energy and experience, we can offer flexible working policies, working from home days, generous annual leave, and opportunities for professional development, including a range of online self-study modules, coaching and workshops. There may also be occasional international travel.
We regularly review our salary and benefits to ensure we are competitive and attractive to our staff and are reflective of our values. Our pay philosophy is based on the principles of fairness, internal equity and external competitiveness.
VSO offers a pension benefit to all employees. Depending on the country you work in, this benefit could be in the format of a Group Personal Pension scheme, a savings account, an end of service gratuity, a pension allowance, or similar.
VSO offers an assistance programme to all staff and volunteers with advice, counselling and online resources on a wide range of home and work issues. This includes caring responsibilities, financial concerns, legal queries and maintaining a work-life balance.
All VSO employees are covered under a personal accident insurance policy whilst working or travelling for work. This covers the employees for death or permanent disability following an accident only, not illness, with a maximum settlement of three times your annual salary.
VSO offers medical aid for its employees in any country where there is no adequate government medical care.
At VSO we offer 37 days annual leave per annum (including public holidays), pro-rata if you are part-time.
We offer maternity and paternity pay and our staff can take time off for dependant and compassionate leave, volunteering days and for emergencies.
All employees at VSO are entitled to be paid in full for 5 working days sick leave per month during their first year of employment, 60 working days (12 weeks) from the second to the fifth year of employment, 120 working days (24 weeks) after 5 years of employment.
In addition to VSO’s in-house learning opportunities, including a range of online self-study modules, we provide discretionary support to employees wishing to undertake external training and development activities which are specifically related to their role.
This may include up to five days of paid study leave per year; and/or an employee development loan (up to the equivalent of two months’ salary); and/or a contribution towards course fees where this would help to fill an organisational gap in business-critical skills.
VSO also reimburses employees’ professional subscription fees where these are relevant or mandatory for your role.
In return for your skills, energy and experience, we can offer flexible working policies, working from home days, generous annual leave, and…
Essential criteria Knowledge/qualifications/Experience:
• Significant business pursuit experience and expertise developing strong relationships with senior staff, decision makers and influencers at major global foundations, institutional donors and their key implementing partners.
• Proven track record of securing large scale programme funding and follow-on programme wins with major global foundations and institutional donors over the past three to five years.
• Experience leading high performing business pursuit teams working with technical experts, geographic/country representatives, and external partners to win major programme bids.
• Strong network of existing relationships and contacts working in international development programmes/funding for major global foundation, other major development donors and implementing partners.
• Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills that will enable them to drive and build capabilities of VSO’s business pursuit and global leadership teams
• Strong political and cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Knowledge and understanding of the role of volunteerism in development
• Knowledge and understanding of social inclusion, accountability, and resilience along with technical expertise in one or more of VSO’s practice areas (education, health, livelihoods) and initiatives.
• Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to inspire teams and partners
• Excellent personal relationship skills with substantial experience in networking and influencing a diverse range of stakeholders in the UK
• Fluency in written and spoken English and/or French (additional language abilities welcome) Desirable Criteria:
• Graduate degree in relevant course of study (e.g., business/public administration, international development, public health, education)
• Knowledge of and previous experience in leading successful business pursuit teams and sales performance.
• Previous volunteering experience (desirable)
Essential criteria Knowledge/qualifications/Experience:
• Significant business pursuit experience and expertise developing strong relationships with senior staff…
If you are interested in this role, please submit the application along with your CV on our website here: https://www.vsointernational.org/about/careers/strategic-partnership-manager-funding-a0m3z00000eai2vaab
Once the application is received at our end we will review your profile, if you have the required skills you will first be longlisted, and then shortlisted after a second review. You will undergo a blended selection process which includes an assessment of various competencies linked to our values. At VSO we follow the safer recruitment processes, at the later stage we will ask you to:
▪ provide evidence of your identity and eligibility to work in the location required,
▪ explain any gaps in your employment history,
▪ declare any information that is likely to appear on a criminal background check,
▪ provide at least two professional references, covering the past five years.
If you are interested in this role, please submit the application along with your CV on our website here: https://www.vsointernational.org/about/careers…