717 North Killingsworth Court
Position: Program Coordinator for African American/Black Student Success Plan
Location: POIC operates across several program sites. This position’s primary location is POIC’S North Campus, Portland. However, travel from site to site is required.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30am -4:30 pm
Reports to: Director of Youth Services
Key External Partners for this Position: Self Enhancement (SEI), Portland Public Schools (PPS) and Department of Education
The African American/Black Student Success Program Coordinator, will manage a case load of 90 “At Hope African American/Black youth at Rosemary Anderson High School. Ongoing case management will include needs and risk assessments, Individual Success Plans (ISPs), resource referral, as well as individual and family outreach. In this role the Program Coordinator will work with students to connect them with POIC+RAHS programs including after-school activities, tutoring, employment and training services, parenting education services, mentoring as well as juvenile justice prevention/intervention services. The Program Coordinator will collaborate with POIC + RAHS colleagues to measure and report student growth in areas such as credit attainment, school engagement, discipline incidents and school attendance. This Coordinator will also serve as liaison between assigned families and our program and will have a thorough knowledge of the theories, methods and techniques of social casework, counseling, strength-based interviewing, adolescent development and will be able to model professionalism and servant leadership.
All POIC+RAHS staff are required to participate in ongoing professional development related to our organizational expectations centered on personal growth, leadership, and accountability
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Meet with each individual student monthly
· Monitor student enrollment, attendance, and credit attainment
· Monitor student program participation
· Conduct Quarterly Individual Success Plan updates
· Respond to all crises and risk incidents within the required time frames
· Coordinate, track and measure family engagement
Case Management and Data Management
· Adhere to documentation requirements, including but not limited to accurate data entry into student files, ISP’s, weekly/monthly reports, and case notes.
· Collect, analyze, and report on outcomes
· Monitor grant requirements to ensure contracted goals are met
· Report on
Employer and community engagement
· Adhere to organization’s equity position
· Form and maintain positive working relationships with community stakeholder’s
· Ensure budgetary compliance and submit any required documents or reports on time and complete
· Working knowledge of social service practices and experience working with families from diverse backgrounds.
· Weigh in on strategic plans for the Department that relate to the future of youth and parent/family involvement programming and community engagement.
· Attend Bi-monthly staff meetings
Key Data Points for this Positions:
· Client demographics
· Attendance Rate
· Credit Attainment Rate
· Ability to assess risk factors, protective factors, personal and evaluation needs to develop appropriate individual interventions or case plans
· Ability to build effective, trusting relationships with young people and parents
· Ability to identify and appropriately engage adolescents with mental health, drug and alcohol issues
· Knowledge of community resources and referral/follow-up processes
· Knowledge of case management standards and practices
· Strong writing skills
- Experience working in social work, education, criminal justice, psychology or related human services field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3 years’ experience providing case management services.
- Experience providing outreach, crisis intervention, and conflict resolution skills with youth and families.
- Strong cultural competency
· Experience conducting home visits
- Ability to pass employment screens, including, but not limited to criminal background, sex offender, drug, abuse and neglect
- Must have a valid driver’s license and Insurance
Minimum Education Required