Details: Salary level will be commensurate with experience and abilities.
1413 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Capital Partners for Education (CPE) is in its 25th year of supporting low-income students. CPE mentors low-income high school and college students in the academic middle from the Washington, D.C. area to provide the skills and experiences they need to successfully complete college and to excel in the workforce. CPE’s student body has tripled in size over the last five years and through one-to-one mentoring and guidance from CPE staff, CPE’s high school graduates have enrolled in college at a rate of 97% and complete college at twice the rate of their low-income peers.
The Communications Manager supports CPE’s overall efforts to increase the visibility and reach of the organization, engage current and new supporters, and enhance CPE’s ability to communicate about its work. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and will play a key role in managing CPE’s communications efforts.
• Develop and implement strategic engagement campaigns across CPE’s email and digital platforms to increase the visibility and reach of the organization, stakeholder and new supporter engagement and enhance CPE’s ability to communicate about its work
• Develop the protocols for CPE’s brand management strategy and the tools to implement the strategy (templates, style guidelines, etc.)
• Manage day-to-day social media platforms, including creating engaging content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, as well as tracking engagement
• Develop and manage CPE’s e-mail program to drive outreach efforts to donors and prospective donors and help with the acquisition of new supporters
• Produce shareable graphics, report layouts, and infographics to advance CPE’s mission and encourage others to circulate content on social media
• Work with program staff on a digital strategy to encourage turnout to CPE activities
• Manage CPE's website to keep content updated
• Develop systems for internal communications and information sharing
• Manage the development of videos as needed
• Write and edit blog posts for CPE and other outlets as needed
· Bachelor’s degree
· Three or more years of content development, online communications and campaign experience
· Dedication to CPE’s mission of helping low-income and first-generation to college students obtain a college degree and career-readiness skills
· A demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
· Excellent writing and editing skills
· Strong analytical, research, problem solving and organizational skills
· A basic understanding of graphic design, familiarity with Adobe or comparable design software is a plus
· Basic back-end web skills recommended and front-end design skills a plus. Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Ability to work independently and in a team
· Ability to legally work in the United States without sponsorship
Excellent benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with generous employer matching, free gym membership, and pre-tax saving accounts.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send us your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please include your salary requirements. We will follow up with all qualified candidates promptly.