801 Massachusettes Aveunue
The Communication and Training (CT) Coordinator supports the Community Engagement (CE) program of the Women’s Health Unit and Boston University Clinical and Translational Science Institute (BU CTSI). The CE program facilitates and promotes equal research partnerships between community members, patients, researchers, community organizations, and other stakeholders and institutions. The goal is to foster better research that results in better health for our communities. The CT Coordinator will deliver workshops that help improve communication between stakeholders, promote inclusion and equity in research, and address group power dynamics . The CT Coordinator will also support the overall goals of the Community Engagement program and the Women’s Health Unit.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and deliver interactive workshops around community engagement topics, including but not limited to: communicating science, developing partnerships, and unpacking key social justice concepts.
- Lead efforts to evaluate communication and training activities.
- Provide coaching around communication and partnership development to program partners.
- Support diverse stakeholders in research, including patients, community members, providers, investigators, and more.
- Assist with event planning and delivery of science cafés, town halls, and other public engagement efforts.
- Prepare key findings and tools for dissemination through publications and other forms of outreach.
- Assist with the preparation of grant proposals, reports, and presentations.
- Represent the work of the program by attending community and partner events, attending conferences, presenting posters, and articulating the goals of CE for various stakeholders.
- Conform to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided
- Utilize hospital’s values as the basis for decision-making and to facilitate the division’s hospital mission
- Follow established hospital infection control and safety procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience designing and leading interactive trainings.
- Background in programs that address issues around health and social justice.
- Training in theater and/or the arts strongly preferred.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities at the same time effectively.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of all personal/health sensitive information.
- Experience with evaluation and qualitative data collection a plus.
About Boston Medical Center
Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It´s a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all—and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet – an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. BMC provides a full range of pediatric and adult care services, from primary to family medicine to advanced specialty care.
BMC is also committed to our employees, who are a very important piece to who we are. We pride ourselves in providing equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. BMC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual or multi-lingual skills (beyond that of English, including Spanish, Haitian Creole, or Cape Verdean) preferred but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume through the following website: https://bmc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/BMC/job/Boston/communications-and-training-coordinator_7069
If this link does not load, please visit Boston Medical Center careers online at https://bmc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/BMC/ and search for job posting "7069"