Second Grade Classroom Teacher at an International Baccalaureate Chicago Public Charter School
- Job posted by Academy for Global Citizenship
4647 West 47th Street
Second Grade Teacher
Academy for Global Citizenship – Chicago, IL
The Academy for Global Citizenship (AGC) is a non-profit Chicago public charter school, located on the Southwest side. Our mission is to develop mindful leaders who take action now and in the future to positively impact their communities and the world beyond. Our innovative and holistic approach aims to foster systemic change and inspire the way society educates future generations.
- Serving the whole child
- Modeling academic excellence
- Developing inquirers
- Cultivating international awareness
- Fostering environmental stewardship
- Facilitating collaboration within the community
The Academy for Global Citizenship (AGC) seeks exemplary elementary school teachers to lead students through a holistic interdisciplinary International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme. This position is ideal for a passionate educator seeking a collaborative and open environment for whole-student learning. AGC is a Dual Language school, and Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged.
AGC is an International Baccalaureate and Dual Language School that is internationally recognized as a laboratory in public education. Educators have the opportunity to define and disseminate best practice in pedagogy.
- Teaching: Uses various modes of learning to accommodate different learning styles: real-life experiences, current events, technology, arts and more
- Instructional Strategies: Uses many types of instructional strategies including teaching through inquiry, differentiating instruction and using data to guide planning
- Professional Development: Participates in coaching cycle, stays abreast of latest techniques and demonstrates an eagerness to learn new skills and share experiences with others
- Curriculum Development: Works closely other teachers to align curriculum with Common Core Learning Standards, the IB PYP, and achieving the goals of the school
- Performance Assessment: Sets high and measurable goals for student achievement and evaluates student progress using summative and formative assessments
- Community: Encourages the use of community resources, cooperates with families in welcoming them to our community, and maintains solid communication with all community members
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years experience as an educator (preferred)
- Familiarity or experience with the International Baccalaureate program (preferred)
- Familiarity with inquiry-based teaching and Responsive Classroom (preferred)
- Believer in culturally relevant teaching
- Strong leadership, initiative, communication skills and personal drive
- Ability to maintain a safe, orderly environment
- Experience with RTI process and accommodating students with IEPs in the classroom
- Spoken and written fluency in Spanish and English (preferred)
- Bachelor Degree in Education (preferred)
- Master’s Degree in Education or related fields (ideal)
- State of Illinois Teaching Certificate (preferred)
- Endorsement or extensive experience in ELL instruction (ideal)
Competitive salary based on experience and level of education. Full benefits, free breakfast and lunch, wellness fund, and significant professional development offered.
Please submit a résumé and cover letter addressing your alignment with the mission of the Academy for Global Citizenship to email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age national origin, or disability.
Starting Salary: $47,000.00 to $57,000.00 annually
Competitive salary based on experience and level of education. Full benefits, free organic breakfast and lunch, wellness fund, and significant professional development offered.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish fluency preferred, but not required.
Minimum Education Required