415 2nd Street NE
Capitol Hill Group Ministry supports the holistic needs of individuals and families at risk of, or experiencing, homelessness. Housing is our starting point. Seeing people thrive is our finish line. Celebrating 50 years of service, Capitol Hill Group Ministry recently adopted a new 5-year strategic plan and has ambitious goals for its future as a leader in ending homelessness in Washington, D.C.
The Development and Operations Specialist coordinates a wide variety of development and operations, and administrative activities, systems, and processes to support Capitol Hill Group Ministry’s smooth operations and strategic growth. Reporting to the Director of Strategic Initiatives, the Development and Operations Specialist will also provide support to the Executive Director and oversee special projects as needed. This is an outstanding opportunity for a self-motivated, highly detailed-oriented person to make a substantial impact while gaining a wide set of experiences relevant to nonprofit leadership. Capitol Hill Group Ministry is looking for someone who seeks a professional home and values-driven work community in a fun and supportive environment. Believing in our mission is a must.
Development and Finance
- Responsible for fundraising and communications database management, ensuring accurate and clean data to meet all funder cultivation/stewardship and mail merge demands as well as audit requirements.
- Process donations and mobile bank deposits.
- Send donor acknowledgement letters within established timeframe.
- Provide support with digital tools (event pages, peer-to-peer fundraising, targeted donations pages, etc.)
- Produce or assist with development and finance queries, reports, data audits and reconciliations.
- Manage fundraising mailings and email/multi-channel communication implementation, working closely with Director of Strategic Initiatives.
- Provide event support, specifically developing and overseeing on-site registration plan and tracking sponsor, donor, and attendee payments, invoices, and questions.
- Assist in assembling grant/contract proposals and reports and preparation of United Way/CFC application.
Operations and Administrative Support
- Supports smooth office operations by creating and implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies.
- Manage relationships with IT, equipment, and facilities vendors.
- Implement effective and efficient system to order office supplies, ensuring availability when needed.
- Provide administrative and project support to executive director and other staff as appropriate.
- Prepare space, materials, and/or refreshments for board and staff meetings.
- Takes notes during staff meetings
What We are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a development or operations/administrative role with increasing responsibility.
- Ability to coordinate, implement, and evaluate complex internal processes and systems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines with a strong attention to detail and flexibility.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, problem-solver, self-disciplined, with excellent time management skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including strong English grammar skills, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience planning and executing events.
- Experience utilizing, managing, and maintaining fundraising database/s, event and communications tools; Charity Engine a plus.
- Proficient with social media and website maintenance.
- Proficient with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive) & Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to oversee maintenance of office equipment, VOIP phone system, copier/fax/scanner, wifi.
- Basic knowledge and demonstrated skills in accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Must be able to understand the importance of the position for the success of the organization.
- Demonstrates compassion for people struggling with homelessness, poverty, mental illness and addiction.
- Sense of humor
- Able to lift and carry at least 30 lbs.
This job description provides a general guideline to the most common duties, responsibilities, and minimum requirements for this position. It is not all-inclusive and the actual position may vary as circumstances indicate or as determined by the organization. Working hours are primarily a day shift position, but occasional evening and weekend ours may be required.
401K, health/dental/vision insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, professional development, awesome boss.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com and include "Development and Operations Specialist" in the subject line.