Senior Associate, Center for Sustainability and Economic Performance
- Job posted by Urban Land Institute
2001 L Street NW
This position plays a key program support and coordination role across the Center for Sustainability and Economic Performance (CSEP). Reporting directly to the Executive Director, CSEP, the Senior Associate will support all CSEP programs, working with the Executive Director to better manage the center’s budgeting and reporting for major foundation grants. The Senior Associate will help organize center events and manage the center’s activities calendar. He/she will also support the center’s content goals, assisting with research, writing, and project coordination for center reports and website development.
- Supports the center’s grant management and budgeting process, including developing executive-level budget summaries and supporting regular grant reporting requirements, and managing program invoices and reimbursements.
- Provides research, writing, editing, and image selection support for Sustainability Program reports, project profiles, and other content. This work may include:
- Case study identification
- Project management of research and publication process
- Project management of website development process
- Outreach and communications with ULI member networks
- Provides logistical support for sustainability-focused small-scale events, including Advisory Services panels, Technical Assistance Program (TAP) panels, and Sustainability Program events and/or convenings.
- Develops and maintains a program and event calendar for the center.
- Assists with outreach and community engagement for district council projects.
- Travels three to four times a year to support regional and national programming.
- Researches in support of center publications, articles, and event content.
- Some writing to support major ULI publications and articles.
- Some writing in support of quarterly grant reports to Center Foundation sponsors.
- Works with member leaders and senior staff to organize events, TAPs, and conference panels.
- Conducts member interviews for reports and articles.
- Works with coalition partners on joint events and programs.
- Works with senior staff on grant reporting and foundation outreach.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a project coordination or administrative role with some project coordination responsibilities.
- Experience planning and managing small-scale events, preferably in a professional setting.
- Demonstrated project management skills, preferably in a professional setting.
- Demonstrated research and writing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite; experience with web design/WordPress and graphic design/InDesign a plus.
- Experience in research, education, and outreach projects.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Experience and/or demonstrated interest in land use and the built environment, including issues of policy, finance, infrastructure investment, planning and design, and real estate development.
- Experience in the management, governance, and operations of nonprofit organizations helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field related to sustainability, urban planning, business, environmental studies, real estate, engineering, public administration, or other subjects that require a combination of writing, project management, and analytical skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please click on the link below. Please submit a résumé and letter of interest.