Details: Up to $46000 per year
Requisition ID: req2544
Job Title: Associate, Data for Leadership Gifts
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 28 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC's Global Partnerships and Philanthropy (GPP) department is responsible for the global delivery of the International Rescue Committee's private sector resources (financially contributing circa USD200m per annum, as well as key partnerships and influence that support our mission), and plays an important strategic role in the creation of IRC's brand, awareness and support for its advocacy goals.
The IRC's strategy centers on its ambition to continue to improve the scale and effectiveness of IRC programs worldwide with evidence of what works best to impact people's lives in conflict and fragile settings. GPP comprises colleagues and teams delivering marketing, account management, leadership gifts, board liaison, corporate partnerships, brand stewardship and communications to support this work. These colleagues are primarily located in the USA at present - but IRC plans to significantly expand its global fundraising footprint. Other colleagues within IRC are also deeply engaged with private funding & partners - in particular within Europe, US Resettlement and field programs - and we need to work in close integrated collaboration to ensure best use of resources and highest impact for IRC.
GPP has begun delivering a new radical and ambitious 2020 Private Sector Engagement (PSE) strategy that will enhance IRC's ability to 'punch above its weight' in income, partnership and awareness. At the same time - believing that the root of our success lies in a high performance team and culture - we need to build our internal infrastructure, ensure we build a strong global team, a dynamic culture, a forward thinking ethos, and establish 21st century analytics, reporting, operational and business management practices that will help us achieve our ambitious goals.
Job Overview / Summary:
The Associate, Data position is responsible for providing data entry and management support key to reaching the Leadership Gifts team's ambitious fundraising goals; aiding in the retention and upgrading of current major donors; and supporting the identification and cultivation of the most promising prospects.
Provide general data entry support to portfolio managers both in New York and working remotely. This includes, but is not limited to, adding/creating accounts/contacts, correcting data points such as format of addresses, looking up donor contact information;
- Support Leadership Gifts communication processes by downloading and manipulating Excel lists of portfolios and communication preference information;
- Use Salesforce to create basic customized data reports on request;
- Prepare and upload large data files into Salesforce to ensure donor activities are captured accurately and in real time;
- Drafting/formatting protocols of established Salesforce processes for Leadership Gifts;
- Update donor reports in Salesforce, such as fundraising proposals and event campaigns in Salesforce;
- Support other projects and take on additional responsibilities as needed.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Business Analyst Officer, Leadership Gifts
Position directly supervises: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Data and Analytics, GPP colleagues.
Impact of work: Contributes to the IRC's ability to effectively and efficiently acquire, retain, and upgrade Leadership Gifts level donors by directly supporting cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts.
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Work Experience: Previous work (or internship) experience in an office setting; experience working with Client Relationship Management (CRM) software required. Experience and/or interest in working in a non-profit development department; experience with or knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite knowledge (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Proven organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills;
- Strong listening skills and the ability to accurately follow directions;
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to deadlines;
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as take initiative independently;
- Commitment to respect and maintain confidentiality of donor information.
Working Environment (Optional): Standard office work environment. This role may require working remotely full or part time and part time remote employees may be required to share workspace.
Minimum Education Required