350 Bay Area is looking for a climate movement building coordinator who will help build the climate movement through digital campaigning and volunteer engagement. As a volunteer-led climate organization, it is imperative that we effectively engage volunteers and communicate the key issues for mitigating the climate crisis to achieve our mission - and this position is essential in that.
350 Bay Area’s mission is to build a grassroots climate movement in the Bay Area & beyond to eliminate carbon pollution and achieve a clean energy future with racial, economic, and environmental justice.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Participate in and support communications planning, for the overall organization and for its communications sub-teams (3 sub-teams currently: the Mobilizing Team, the Fund Development Team, and the Legislative Team).
- Manage the execution of the communications plans
- Build and support volunteer communications teams; provide tools, training, and resources
- Communicate with other stakeholders throughout the organization
- Improve social media campaigns across platforms
- At the organization level and for sub-teams, develop strategies for increasing our reach and effectiveness
- Set up and monitor communications effectiveness
- Set targets for engagement on different platforms and track engagement every month
- Analyze data from our database to improve processes, such as by using A/B tests
- Manage the collection of organizational websites
- Work with stakeholders to improve the content and/or design of several websites, as needed
- Monitor the effectiveness, security, and health of the websites
- Develop and manage physical communications collateral as needed
- Coordinate and execute (as needed) email blasts to 18,000+ subscribers, and social media posts
- Set up process to improve press relations and issue press releases
- Create and manage a volunteer onboarding, orientation, training, and leadership development process, including identifying specific volunteer roles and tracks for increasing engagement.
- Work with stakeholders to create an engagement ladder model, identifying different intake points and “tracks” supporters can take to expand their involvement as they volunteer, take action, and/or donate.
- Engage a team to recruit and retain new members by working with leadership across 350 Bay Area.
Report to: 350 Bay Area Operations Director
Experience and Job Qualifications
- Strong understanding of the climate crisis and deep commitment to advancing the mission of 350 Bay Area
- Awareness of how climate change and environmental injustice impact the Bay Area
- A passion for inspiring people to take real climate action
- Relevant experience and/or demonstrated interest in climate and/or communications and/or volunteer engagement
- Ability to work closely and effectively with other people in a team environment
- Ability to work professionally in a volunteer driven organization
- Demonstrated people and project management experience, preferably with volunteer organizations
- Excellent organizational/communication skills
- Experience with outreach and desire to grow grassroots organizing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. (bilingual is a plus)
- Self starter--able to be creative in building this program with limited guidance and supervision
- Strong computer skills: Google Apps, Asana, Slack, Microsoft Office, Nation Builder database, and Social Media.
This position is remote but you must live in the Bay Area, CA. This is a full time position, 40 hours per week @ $18.00 - $22.00/hour with benefits. Start date is August 1st, 2021. Initially a six-month position, with the possibility of becoming permanent. 350 Bay Area is an equal opportunity employer that highly values staff diversity and encourages candidates of all racial, ethnic, gender and ability backgrounds to apply. Accepting applications on a rolling basis. To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org